Comments from Edwards, Evans...

eball

Excerpt from this morning's News:

"I think that the position I am in, with two years under my belt, with a lot of say in the way this offense goes, a lot of the reason this offense is going to be where it needs to be is because of me," Edwards said this week. "I think that's a great opportunity for me."

The other huge factor boosting Edwards' psyche is he's happy about the change in direction that occurred when Turk Schonert was fired nine days ago and Van Pelt took his place.

Edwards is too smart, too tactful, too diplomatic to come out and say it.

But it seems clear that the chemistry between Schonert and Edwards was not ideal, and Edwards was not responding well enough to Schonert's one-voice approach.

Consider Evans' take:

"I think Alex is feeding on that now," Evans said of Edwards' confidence. "He's letting him be who he is, and not trying to bog him down one way or another. Let him play. Let him be who he is, and just let him be a little bit more free. So what you see now is just more confidence."

Consider Edwards' take on what positive changes Van Pelt implemented this week:

"A lot of it had to do with the other coaches' input, and that's kind of what we need around here," Edwards said. "I feel like we have great coaches on this coaching staff, and all those guys are getting input, and all those guys Alex is listening to, including myself.

"So that's just going to make for a better game plan. I think that's what we have this week, and hopefully [that's what] we'll get in weeks to come."

Once again, I think it's painfully clear that neither the media (local or national) nor the fan base have any REAL idea what's going on behind the scenes.

Despite his well-documented flaws, Jauron deserves kudos for making the OC switch when he did.

Sadly, the main problem with this team is that the Bills have had too many guys who know how to talk and say the right things in an interview, yet when it comes to Sundays look like it's the first time they've ever stepped onto a football field.

I say just shut up and play like you have a clue for once.

I can't help but wonder how many other OCers don't do the same as Schonert...I could be wrong, but I've never worked anywhere where any boss gave a crap about input from anyone but other bosses...I would assume football is no different....again I say I could be wrong...maybe its just my crap job experiences that have influenced this thought process...lol...anyways, it's good to hear that he sounds like he's getting his confidence back...sounds like he could be back to his 5-1 start play style and not his play style from the last half of season 2008...can only hope

Put up or shut up Trent. I'm a huge fan of yours but your making a very bold statement. I will be dancing in the living room if you could back that up. :flirt:

I agree. I have been a huge advocate of his. So sick of everyone blaming everything on him. Not taking into account that the OC had a leash on him. Time to shine Edwards - you have some serious weapons around you now in Evans and Owens and soon to be back Lynch!!

Did you really expect the current team members to say that firing Turk and moving AVP in was a mistake? They may or may not feel that way, but you can't go by what they say in a interview now. They have to be good soldiers in this case.

Why? Do you think that everyone else was fine with Schonert except for Jauron?

Guest dog14787
A week before the season starts?

Yup, the timing could be better, but it is what it is and better now then never. It shows the confidence DJ has in Van Pelt and the players seem to be responding very well to our new OC. :flirt:

Why? Do you think that everyone else was fine with Schonert except for Jauron?

::sigh:: No. I don't know that and either do you. The current players HAVE to say it is a positive situation no matter how they really feel. Consider the following 2 possibilities for a media interview with Trent a week before the season opener:

Interviewer: So Trent, what is you opinion of Turk being replaced by AVP?

Trent: I think it was a horrible mistake of epic proportions. I'm not sure how we can possibly win more than 3 games this season now. You need more than 1 week with a OC before you go live in a game. We are doomed.

or

Interviewer: So Trent, what is you opinion of Turk being replaced by AVP?

Trent: I think it was unfortunate that it had to be done. But that is in the past and I have every confidence that Alex will step in a do a great job. When you think about it, it's not a huge change. Alex has been with this team for years. It's not like an outsider coming in.

Which are you most likely to read? I'm not saying I know what Trent or the rest of the team believes. All I am saying is that what you read/hear in interviews does not tell you either. They have to tow the party line.

Shonert was the biggest part of the problem... that's why he was fired. edwards/evans/et al wasn't released, jauron wasn't fired, depth chart changes weren't made, there wasn't some sort of public outcry from the team... Shonert was fired. This team has problems, but since he was let go, he's obviously at the top of the laundry list. Plus, if he was such an offensive dynamo as he claims to have been (by his comments about being held back by dicky j), he'd have been picked up by now. Say what you want about their timing, who they got to replace TS, or whatever, this team made a change to improve. Nothing negative should be said about that!

Despite his well-documented flaws, Jauron deserves kudos for making the OC switch when he did.

I'll give him credit when he has us in playoff position and looking like a team that belongs in the NFL on a consistent basis.

Until that time he is known as Dick Jauwrong, and he gets no credit.

In fact why give him credit when it was him who chose Turk in the 1st place.

All I know is I'm pulling for Edwards to establish himself as the man because 1st: he is QB of the Buffalo Bills 2nd: I hate rolling the dice on a college QB waiting and hoping they pan out and 3rd: I love the crop of DT's and DE's coming out this next draft and I want one of em' !!! Let's go Trent, 25 TD's and only 10 INT's is all we are asking for!!!

Sadly, the main problem with this team is that the Bills have had too many guys who know how to talk and say the right things in an interview, yet when it comes to Sundays look like it's the first time they've ever stepped onto a football field.

I say just shut up and play like you have a clue for once.

i agree completely!