Collinsworth

Cookiemonster

Collinsworth it terrible at what he does. Even Larry Fitzgerald tweeted during the game saying he is over critical. I for one can't stand listening to him.

I find it difficult to believe that Fitzgerald, who shared a field and practice facility w/ Ward (Pitt and the Stillers use the same facilities to train) and who is friends w/ Ward, would come out and say anything that would pubicly defend Ward's team.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collinsworth it terrible at what he does. Even Larry Fitzgerald tweeted during the game saying he is over critical. I for one can't stand listening to him.

The moral of the story here is, you can't please all of the people all of the time. For CookieMonster, he's got too quick to praise. For cmjoyce and LF, he's too harsh. I just don't like the sound of his voice. It's like nails on the chalkboard.

What do you expect a broadcaster to say about the defending super bowl champs? i live in pittsburgh, and as much as i hate the steelers (and their fans even more), my reason for hating the team is pure jealousy. they do everything right. they are rarely, if ever, out of a game, and always have a chance to win. for instance, when hines fumbled on the 3 last night, no one in the bar even cared because they know the steelers would find a way to win. i've complained for years that the steelers have a horseshoe up their a$$es and that they always get a big break when they need it, but the reality is they are just a very good team that knows how to win.

With that being said, F**K the steelers GO BILLS

Can't really argue with anything you have said here, I too live in the Burgh, and your reason is my reason,

they are charmed, but as you pointed out, they are also very good.

But with all due respect, I expect the announcers to be fair and unbiased in their commenting, and I have no

problem with them acknowledging other teams success, just don't go over the top with it, and Collingsworth

does.

What we are currently seeing with most games today, is maybe a step up from American Idol, or the

WWF. If you do not recognize this, don't worry, you will come to grips with it, when your team starts

stinking up the joint. Not directed at anyone in particular, just a general observation.

I just spit out my coffee.

Gus Johnson makes me want to mute my TV. And rip my ears off.

So I can cross off "Make eball spit out his coffee" from my To-Do list?

Seriously though, an announcer's job is to excite the viewing audience and nobody does that better than him. I'm always disappointed when there's a close NCAA tourney game and Gus isn't on duty.

But with all due respect, I expect the announcers to be fair and unbiased in their commenting, and I have no

problem with them acknowledging other teams success, just don't go over the top with it, and Collingsworth

does.

While I appreciate the sentiment, it's unrealistic to expect an announcer's biases to not bleed through in the heat of the moment. By the way it's Collinsworth.

So I can cross off "Make eball spit out his coffee" from my To-Do list?

Seriously though, an announcer's job is to excite the viewing audience and nobody does that better than him. I'm always disappointed when there's a close NCAA tourney game and Gus isn't on duty.

Gus tries too hard. The enthusiasm is so over the top it's annoying (at least to me). I don't need a guy screaming in the booth to get me excited about a big play (or shot).

But then again, I liked Dennis Miller on MNF. So I'm probably a different type of fan.

Only Shannon Sharpe talkes with a larger bag of marbles in his mouth. Troy Aikman is the best color guy doing football today.

Did you ever listen to Shannon try to pronounce Rothlisburger, he just skips the whole

thlis part, it comes out sounding like rotten burger. He definiley has a problem with his

S's, he can't say stickey buns either, it comes out as dickey buns. But he is a former great

player, and that my friends is all you need to be quailiied to call games and do commenting.

They figured, that if he played that long, and that good, he has to be knowledgable about the game.

Being able to put two syllables together is not that important.

I would rank Aikman right uo there with Phil Simms, as the best Color Guys in the business.

Both are very insightful, and unbiased. They are easy on the ears.

While I appreciate the sentiment, it's unrealistic to expect an announcer's biases to not bleed through in the heat of the moment. By the way it's Collinsworth.

You know, i was wondering about that before I posted, was worried that there might be a G in there

somewhere, and what the other posters might think of me if I accidently omitted it, as a matter of fact,

I probably would have posted this late last night, but I was up all night, worring about the G.

I little sentiment bleed through is no problem, but in this case a tourniquet would not have helped.

I would rank Aikman right uo there with Phil Simms, as the best Color Guys in the business.

Both are very insightful, and unbiased. They are easy on the ears.

Good point.

I'd add that IMO, Rich Gannon has become better - he was terrible his 1st year. He's begun adding insightful commentary about plays, formations, etc.

Can't really argue with anything you have said here, I too live in the Burgh, and your reason is my reason,

they are charmed, but as you pointed out, they are also very good.

does.

What we are currently seeing with most games today, is maybe a step up from American Idol, or the

WWF. If you do not recognize this, don't worry, you will come to grips with it, when your team starts

stinking up the joint. Not directed at anyone in particular, just a general observation.

I live here too; and agree with both of you on the luck thing. Maybe we're just used to seeing so much bad luck from the Bills. I was thinking last night that if that was a Bills game (and the Bills were the Titans), what likely would have happened was the Bills would strip the ball at the five yard line, only to have the Steelers recover it and score anyway.

I liked Collinsworth, he knows the game and calls people out when the should be. Yes he was gushing over Ben and his ability to keep plays alive and move D's with the pump fake, but those two things were exactly what won the game for the Stillers.

The only issue I took is when he insisted that Ward should have taken a knee down near the goal line in the 4th quarter before he fumbled. Hines is not the type of player that just going to "go down" he's going to try and score everytime and the majority of the time he's not going to drop that ball...