Collinsworth

Cookiemonster

Although, I will have to admit that he has been a lttle more palatable lately,

and his comments are somewhat on target, I just couldn't stand his prostration

over the Steelers last night. They way he gushes over everything that they do, and

especially what ever Big Ben does, is just very hard to stomach. You'd have thought

by listening to him, that he was a former Steeler and not a former Steeler opponent.

What a tool. Reminds me a lot of Dan Dierdipshit, like how he use to say, "that man is the

best defensive linemen that I have ever seen", only to repeat the exact same comment

about another player, the very next game. Even his attempts at non partiality, were vieled

in his man love for the Steelers., Geesh. Guaranteed, he shares this love with Brady, also.

Was it just me, or did anyone else notice this?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

over the Steelers last night. They way he gushes over everything that they do, and

especially what ever Big Ben does, is just very hard to stomach. You'd have thought

by listening to him, that he was a former Steeler and not a former Steeler opponent.

What a tool. Reminds me a lot of Dan Dierdipshit, like how he use to say, "that man is the

best defensive linemen that I have ever seen", only to repeat the exact same comment

about another player, the very next game. Even his attempts at non partiality, were vieled

in his man love for the Steelers., Geesh. Guaranteed, he shares this love with Brady, also.

It was just you.

:rolleyes: I enjoyed the broadcast. There was a bit of awkwardness between he and Michaels, but overall I thought they did OK. Some pregnant pauses when Michaels couldn't find the right word...

My beef with Collinsworth is nothing he can do anything about. His voice is so damn whiney sounding.

I love Collinsworth, he is the best in the business. With that said, I don't think he and Al Michaels have very good chemistry.

What Business is that your refer to, you certainly can't be talking about broadcasting,

or color commentating. For my money, Phil Simms, is "the best in the business".

I love Collinsworth, he is the best in the business. With that said, I don't think he and Al Michaels have very good chemistry.

Agreed, he is the best in the business. The chemistry will take a while. I'm sure they'll be fine. Madden is a legend, no question, but he's football 101. Collinsworth is for real football fans. He's one of the very few announcers who can point things out that even the astute viewer, like myself, wouldn't have picked up on otherwise.

It's funny--I was annoyed, but I thought he kind of hammered the Steelers unfairly at times.

What really annoyed me was the factual misteps by that crew. They saw things, got them wrong when everyone else in America didn't, and lost lots of credibility in my book.

It's funny--I was annoyed, but I thought he kind of hammered the Steelers unfairly at times.

What really annoyed me was the factual misteps by that crew. They saw things, got them wrong when everyone else in America didn't, and lost lots of credibility in my book.

I particularly enjoyed when he called out the officials for not calling a penalty after a Steelers D-Lineman lost his helmet after making a tackle. Replays clearly showed that his helmet popped off, he didn't actually remove it.

If it was Trent he was gushing over I wonder if people here would have found it so annoying :rolleyes:

Gushing over Trent? Are you Joking , or what? I don't think that we will have

to worry too much about that, regardless of how he performs. BTW, why does

he have to gush over anyone, just call the game, sprinkle in a little color from

time to time, and keep your sentiments out of it. He would be much more palatable

if he just stuck to that.

What do you expect a broadcaster to say about the defending super bowl champs? i live in pittsburgh, and as much as i hate the steelers (and their fans even more), my reason for hating the team is pure jealousy. they do everything right. they are rarely, if ever, out of a game, and always have a chance to win. for instance, when hines fumbled on the 3 last night, no one in the bar even cared because they know the steelers would find a way to win. i've complained for years that the steelers have a horseshoe up their a$$es and that they always get a big break when they need it, but the reality is they are just a very good team that knows how to win.

With that being said, F**K the steelers GO BILLS

:rolleyes: I enjoyed the broadcast. There was a bit of awkwardness between he and Michaels, but overall I thought they did OK. Some pregnant pauses when Michaels couldn't find the right word...

My beef with Collinsworth is nothing he can do anything about. His voice is so damn whiney sounding.

how about when Michaels was talking about lendale white lost weight by quitting tequila and he started to say something about Merriman it was classic.