Shawn Springs

cmjoyce113

he was listed on the injury report with a knee injury and limited participation in practice. Does anyone know how serious this is and if it will have any effect on him at all Monday?

I am not asking if he will play because I don't that is even a question but will this slow him down against T.O.?

Fair question but a tad inconsequential. Pats* secondary is the weakest it's been in memory. The big question is will Edwards have time to test the DBs or will he throw deep? The first series vs Titans showed the flash of promise of what TO can do, only to bog down in usual Bills fashion when the field is short.

Fair question but a tad inconsequential. Pats* secondary is the weakest it's been in memory. The big question is will Edwards have time to test the DBs or will he throw deep? The first series vs Titans showed the flash of promise of what TO can do, only to bog down in usual Bills fashion when the field is short.

You really think that matters? They've plugged guys like Troy Brown in there in the past and haven't lost a step.

You really think that matters? They've plugged guys like Troy Brown in there in the past and haven't lost a step.

But that was also when they had an Asante Samuel & Harrison back there. The Pats DBs are weak, and Giants torched them for 3 TDs in one quarter. To me, our only hope is the vertical game, because I have no confidence in Bills scoring even if they get inside the red zone.

You really think that matters? They've plugged guys like Troy Brown in there in the past and haven't lost a step against Buffalo.

I added one little detail to that post. Their secondary has had its share of struggles, just never against the Bills.

But that was also when they had an Asante Samuel & Harrison back there. The Pats DBs are weak, and Giants torched them for 3 TDs in one quarter. To me, our only hope is the vertical game, because I have no confidence in Bills scoring even if they get inside the red zone.

Hope you're right; and I agree about the red zone.

It's almost like with the Ravens a few years ago. The defense knew the offense stunk, so if the defense picked off a pass, they'd lateral that ball all over the place, trying to score a TD, even if it meant risking a fumble.

The G-Men were playing the Pats* second teamers, but that said, those second teamers did truly look awful. Patrick Chung, their top pick this year, got torched on two of those TDs.....

This should prove to be the weakest Patriots defense since Belichick took over. The only players currently on it who have won a SB are Warren (2), Wilfork (1), and Jarvis Green (2 as a backup), and they don't appear to have the flexibility to play a 3-4 like they did in the past.

That being said, with the changes at OC, the inexperience of the O-line, and it being a Monday nighter in Foxboro, it might not make a difference as far as the Bills are concerned. But this is a game no one expected/expects the Bills to win. If they do, great. If they don't, no biggee.

If we EVER had a chance against the Patriots, it's this year. Their defense is not what it once was. No Bruschi, no Vrabel, no Seymour, a weak set of DB's compared to past years, and our offense has the potential to be good if the OL can get it together. Our defense, though not great, is better than previous years IMO. I think Maybin has a chance to be a huge factor coming off the edge after watchnig him in his 2 preseason games. Pressure on the QB = more turnovers every time, I don't care who you're facing. Everyone expects us to take a shillacking on MNF, but I'm still optimistic that we can pull off something great on Monday in Foxboro.