Yesterday's Mort Chat

Coach Tuesday

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/28246

Disappointed (Buffalo)

Will Ralph Wilson ever bring in a big name coach? I would love to see Cowher come here and clean house. Sick of the mediocrity and lackluster play.

Chris Mortensen (11:19 AM)

Based on what the late John Butler told me when he left Buffalo and on everything since, I don't think any big-name coach would embrace or accept that job. I wouldn't pain yourself dreaming about Cowher or any other "big name." Let's see how they play this year and then go find the next great young coach.

You mean the same Mort who reported Eli Manning was out for the season with a shoulder injury and said Mike Vick wouldn't face jail time?

book it, Cowher will be our next coach then.

RW history is that he won't pay for a head coach. Your dreaming!

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/28246

Disappointed (Buffalo)

Will Ralph Wilson ever bring in a big name coach? I would love to see Cowher come here and clean house. Sick of the mediocrity and lackluster play.

Chris Mortensen (11:19 AM)

Based on what the late John Butler told me when he left Buffalo and on everything since, I don't think any big-name coach would embrace or accept that job. I wouldn't pain yourself dreaming about Cowher or any other "big name." Let's see how they play this year and then go find the next great young coach.

On Inside the NFL they had a list of coaches available such as Billick, Shanahan and Holmgren, and they were talking about coaches not all getting the big money in recent years. To which Bill Cowher commented on how it's not about the money for these guys, it's about going to an organization that is committed to winning and going after a Super Bowl. sadly, I am not sure a big name coach would feel confident that the Bills are indeed committed to winning. So even if Ralph opened his pockets, there's no guarantee a "big name" coach would take the position.