Who the hell is rep Joe Wilson (R-NC)?

Bishop Hedd

Link

The uproar may not be over, despite Obama having accepted Wilson's apology. House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn said he favors a resolution of public disapproval if Wilson doesn't apologize to the House by Tuesday.

Am I the only one who thinks this is !@#$ stupid? Especially given that this happened on the legislative floor where there is an absolute right to free speech. You can't be brought to bear for anything you say there, be it libel, defamation, etc. Everything is protected speech. Sh--, IIRC, one songressman once almost beat another to death with his cane on the floor of the congress and couldn't be prosecuted for it.

Look at what goes on in England when the PM speaks in front of their houses. This is nothing.

Grow some thicker skin.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link

Am I the only one who thinks this is !@#$ stupid? Especially given that this happened on the legislative floor where there is an absolute right to free speech. You can't be brought to bear for anything you say there, be it libel, defamation, etc. Everything is protected speech. Sh--, IIRC, one songressman once almost beat another to death with his cane on the floor of the congress and couldn't be prosecuted for it.

Look at what goes on in England when the PM speaks in front of their houses. This is nothing.

Grow some thicker skin.

I totally agree.

Link

Grow some thicker skin.

The dude apologized. Obama accepted the apology. THAT should be the end of it.

But no. The left wont let it die. And I don't think that's a good strategy for them. If the left doesn't STFU about Wilson, and I think we both know they won't (and that'll feed into the MSM keeping it in the news), people are going to stop talking about the president's health care plan, and the people who called their own constituents angry mob-neanderthal-astroturfers-teabaggers-nazis-etc. are likely NOT going to like the way the country polls on health care reform. And given the fact that Obama plans to make about 37 more health care speeches over the next 45 minutes, they'd do well to listen to their leader and stop the bickering because the people against the plan have no problem with Wilson's current actions, so the left is essentially pissing in the wind on this. Which I don't mind admitting is kind of funny.

I'm a big believer in people having to be held accountable for their actions, you have to show constraint and if you don't then be prepared to suffer the consequences.

Obviously the Left will try to raise some serious cash for his opponent, but on the other hand, this guy will be seen as some sort of a "truth speaker" and hero amongst hard core Repubs and he will also get a boat load of cash for his comments. Since he is in S.C my guess is that he will still win his election race.

I'm a big believer in people having to be held accountable for their actions, you have to show constraint and if you don't then be prepared to suffer the consequences.

Obviously the Left will try to raise some serious cash for his opponent, but on the other hand, this guy will be seen as some sort of a "truth speaker" and hero amongst hard core Repubs and he will also get a boat load of cash for his comments. Since he is in S.C my guess is that he will still win his election race.

Of course... I am very far left and don't see a problem with the outburst. The guy is dead wrong in the truth department, yet I don't see anything wrong with what he did. Whoever wants to shoot their mouth off must be prepared to defend it and be responsible for the action... I just don't see the decorum thing. IMO, he apologized because he knows he is dead wrong... If he is dead right on the issues, why the heck should he apologize?... Stand by his actions. We are too uptight in this country. Why should anybody sit by idle why somebody flat out lies... By all means speak up!

You forgot "birther", dumbass.

Its "teabagging, racist, BIRTHER"

Get it right.

Ya know if Maxine Waters had pointed her finger at Bush during a session when the seeds were planted for our nation's criminal war back in the day, and yelled "Liar!" the whacked out right would have had a gift that probably would never have stopped giving.

As it is your side just gave us the gift that won't stop giving with this Wilson POS. Already a million and a half dollars raised and a 1 point lead for his opponent!

Nice job baggers, birthers and town criers (WAAAH!)!

In my opinion, Dems are overplaying their hands on this, they're just trying to get the focus off of their own problems.

The guy screwed up and pubically apologized right away, there's no need for another apology.

In your opinion? Well, it seems to be working no matter what some on the other side might think. Is this the point though? One-upsmanship? No...it's a matter of getting a bill passed and if takes a major racist loon like Wilson so be it. We didn't ask for him...he fell into our laps.

Wow...I just noticed I'm up to four little blue blocks below the avatar. Of course I would probably have a fiver (a sixer?) if all my old monickers were added up. I remember the days here when you could rate the poster on a scale of one to five......still not sure what that was about.

I love this line and it applies to all political sides and then some:

"NITS is a real and growing problem in America,” said Dr. Franz Hawk, speech pathologist at the Medical University of South Carolina. “We’re not sure about the cause, but it seems to be unique to this country and is somehow more common in households with cable television. Treatment for NITS can be a lengthy process since it’s not so much a medical condition as it is a habit.”

I love this line and it applies to all political sides and then some:

"NITS is a real and growing problem in America,” said Dr. Franz Hawk, speech pathologist at the Medical University of South Carolina. “We’re not sure about the cause, but it seems to be unique to this country and is somehow more common in households with cable television. Treatment for NITS can be a lengthy process since it’s not so much a medical condition as it is a habit.”

Very nice

But I would have done something like Non-Involuntary Trouble With Idiotic Tourette's Syndrome (NITWITS)