Excerpts from Obama's Speech Tonight

IDBillzFan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Classless. In a better world, he'd be pressured to resign unless he did anything short of a complete mea culpa.

But in the world where you the president can lie under oath or completely botch an entire war and not pay a price, this will get 3 days of lip service and be forgotten.

But cheat on taxes, have a gay prostitution ring run out of your house, have a freezer full of $ removed from your house during flooding, murder a woman with your car, that's OK.

The idiot who yelled out was a representative from S.C. and the guy should be ridiculed as he will for at least a few days, But who care's about that? What I care about was the substance in B.O's speech, and to tell you the truth, there wasn't hardly any thing new at all about it. Yes he did say there is no death panel, he did say that illegal immigrants will not receive coverage, abortions won't be covered under the plan and he did say that it will cost $900 Billion while not adding to the deficit :)

It was a very partisan speech, it was divisive, acidic but he did rally his own troops, specially the progressives (code word flaming liberals) and basically in my view, he ignored what the American public was telling him and the government in the month of August. It was as if August never happened, and he went directly from July to September and full steam ahead.

I also saw that he in his own subtle way was attempting to demonize the health insurers. I'm sure this will strike a chord with many people as they don't truly understand how little the health insurers are making relative to all the other major industries in the U.S

I also want to add that he missed a big opportunity tonight. He had the opportunity to drop the "public option", if he would of done that, he would of won over many independents and a few republicans, and at the end of the day the democrats would of united behind him. He struck out on that one, big time!

Basically, it's the same tactics this administration has been taking over the last 6 months, which is

If you can't beat'em demonize'em!

My guess is that in the next week or so he will get a pop in the polls, but 2-3 weeks from now, we will be right back where we were.

It's clear you have never bothered to read anything about what you are against

Oh, good. It's been so long since a liberal called a conservative a name, I almost miss such originality.

I know what I'm against, Sparky. I'm against a government-run option, or ANY more government in my life; particularly when it can lead to even FURTHER govenrment control of the individual. I've said this repeatedly, and if you didn't use the bridge of your nose to support Obama's asscheeks as your personal set of noise-cancelling headphones, you'd have heard me say this over and over.

But it was a jolly good speech tonight. He did all his old favorites. "You can keep what you have. No coverage for illegals. No abortions." It was like an Obama Greatest Hits tour.

Meanwhile, those of us heathens who question his highness will believe his promises when it's spelled out cleanly in a bill that doesn't take a lawyer to read. In the meantime, since addressing Medicare abuse is such a great way to help pay for this, what is holding him up from getting that ball rolling? I mean, he has no problem taxing people next year (HR3200) for a program that won't start for another four (his words tonight). If only he were THAT aggressive in his plans to stop Medicare abuse, we could get a REAL jump on this financially.

But no. We need a bill first. Can't be addressing that Medicare abuse without a bill, can we?

He's really becoming the Dick Jauron of the WH.

Oh, good. It's been so long since a liberal called a conservative a name, I almost miss such originality.

I know what I'm against, Sparky. I'm against a government-run option, or ANY more government in my life; particularly when it can lead to even FURTHER govenrment control of the individual.

See? You don't understand it. The government doesn't enter LABillzFan's life with the "public option". How exactly does the public option force itself on you, or change your life, except allow you to insure your employees cheaper IF YOU CHOOSE.

I thought it sounded something like that as well. So far this speech is the usual stuff but the new Bill is going to make guys like Glen Beck and Keith Oberman shout even louder.

Also does anyone know who it was that said that?

I couldn't care less what money grubbers like Beck or Olbermouth say. :) them

A breach of protacol never before heard at a Presidential address. But it's not surprising. Part of the plan is demean Barack Obama so he appears not worthy of the respect his office affords. Also not surprising it came from some moonshine-running redneck from South Carolina who probably has a Klan robe in his closet.

PTR

Actually if he had a cane and beat Pelosi over the head with it, like in the 1850s when Charles Sumner received a beating...it's entertaining. Protocol? LOL, please with this collection of ******* garbage on the federal, state and local levels? They all deserve to be spat upon no matter the political party.

Great speech by Obama last night. :pirate::D :D

Of course, Wilson should be ashamed of his actions, his own party should come down hard on him as well. Actually, take that back... he apology should be enough. Hopefully, he learned from his actions and in the future can be an example that even though you have strong emotions you should still strive to work with those who differ in opinion.

Well the time for bickering is over. The time for games has passed. Now is the season for action. Now is when we must bring the best ideas of both parties together, and show the American people that we can still do what we were sent here to do. Now is the time to deliver on health care.

Well the time for bickering is over. The time for games has passed. Now is the season for action. Now is when we must bring the best ideas of both parties together, and show the American people that we can still do what we were sent here to do. Now is the time to deliver on health care.

Deliver what, exactly?

it has been time to get both sides together for a while now....just seems one side wasn't overly interested in what the other had to say....DOH!

My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball, but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward, upward not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

Actually, I think that rep from SC said what needed to be said. Obama is a liar. He's lied so much I'm certain he can't tell what the truth is any more. Every other week, he says something different about what he wants to see with healthcare "reform." It's about time someone called him out for being a liar.

But, I must say, it is refreshing to see Promo the Sheep popping up to accuse the guy of being a Klansman. :pirate:

See? You don't understand it. The government doesn't enter LABillzFan's life with the "public option". How exactly does the public option force itself on you, or change your life, except allow you to insure your employees cheaper IF YOU CHOOSE.

You mean other than raising my taxes? Oh, that's right. These plans are "deficit neutral." What a load.

Actually, I think that rep from SC said what needed to be said. Obama is a liar. He's lied so much I'm certain he can't tell what the truth is any more. Every other week, he says something different about what he wants to see with healthcare "reform." It's about time someone called him out for being a liar.

But, I must say, it is refreshing to see Promo the Sheep popping up to accuse the guy of being a Klansman. :D

I think he should be ashamed. He can and should disagree when he feels that way, but to disrespect the office of the President. Very low class.

And really he's a liar? Give me a break. :pirate::D:wallbash: