TO Press Conference

kota

He was asked if he saw any changes with AVP now calling the plays. He says "we are going to throw the ball down the field". Very telling and then he spoke about the Bears game and how Trent went 10/10 but most of those were 10 yards or less.

He was talking about the play calling and not Edwards ability so go away Edwards haters. Be happy that AVP is now calling the plays.

I'm concerned about what I've seen from this team the last couple weeks, but if this team comes out and PLAYS FOOTBALL with some passion, then I'll be happy, regardless of the outcome in this game.

I don't want to see the same ol' Dickball that we've become accustomed to the last couple years… where they try to drag the opponent down to their level and play un-football and just try to sneak into the fourth quarter hoping for some fluke to go in their favor and steal a win.

I hope what T.O. says is true. Bring it! Don't play scared. Spread the ball around. Create mismatches. Take some risks. Play like the game is meant to be played.

He was asked if he saw any changes with AVP now calling the plays. He says "we are going to throw the ball down the field". Very telling and then he spoke about the Bears game and how Trent went 10/10 but most of those were 10 yards or less.

He was talking about the play calling and not Edwards ability so go away Edwards haters. Be happy that AVP is now calling the plays.

This will work until he takes a few sack and throws a couple picks. At that point DJ will call for the dink and dunk offense.

I'm concerned about what I've seen from this team the last couple weeks, but if this team comes out and PLAYS FOOTBALL with some passion, then I'll be happy, regardless of the outcome in this game.

I don't want to see the same ol' Dickball that we've become accustomed to the last couple years… where they try to drag the opponent down to their level and play un-football and just try to sneak into the fourth quarter hoping for some fluke to go in their favor and steal a win.

I hope what T.O. says is true. Bring it! Don't play scared. Spread the ball around. Create mismatches. Take some risks. Play like the game is meant to be played.

well said gringo--my sentiments exactly

They can call as many "down the field" routes that they'd like, and it won't matter until Trentative stops checking down and learns to take his shots.

In 3.5 seconds, both Owens and Evens can be 20+ yards downfield. All he has to do is pick out the open guy and throw it. Yes, I believe our passing attack could be that simple or at least be the bread and butter play.

They can call as many "down the field" routes that they'd like, and it won't matter until Trentative stops checking down and learns to take his shots.

I am not going to argue this (believe it or not). :rolleyes:

What I do think is that when Trent looks downfield, he will see TO as an open receiver. Evans, imo, is primarily a one trick pony. Losman could reach him on fly patterns if all conditions were perfect because his arm was powerful enough to do so. Of course, that was about all he could do, but that's not where I'm going. :) I think that Evans too must evolve into a complete receiver. He is paid a lot, right?

I als think that TO will draw coverage from Evans because if defenses don't load up on TO, he will be open on virtually every play.

Still, in any event, Trent has come around this season. I sense that he will, but who knows?

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) I would prefer to see Trent's line be 5 for 10 for 100 yards, rather than 10 for 10 for 50 yards.

2) I honestly think that the Pats' scheme is going to be to back off a bunch of guys into coverage, not blitz or hard rush Edwards. I remember that this used to really befuddle Bledsoe--the Pats would rush 2 guys and drop 9 into coverage and Bledsoe would be a deer in headlights. What Trent needs to do is air it out to TO and let him make a play, even if he's double covered.

1) I would prefer to see Trent's line be 5 for 10 for 100 yards, rather than 10 for 10 for 50 yards.

2) I honestly think that the Pats' scheme is going to be to back off a bunch of guys into coverage, not blitz or hard rush Edwards. I remember that this used to really befuddle Bledsoe--the Pats would rush 2 guys and drop 9 into coverage and Bledsoe would be a deer in headlights. What Trent needs to do is air it out to TO and let him make a play, even if he's double covered.

Why not run vs. a 2/9? Seriously?

What I do think is that when Trent looks downfield, he will see TO as an open receiver. Evans, imo, is primarily a one trick pony. Losman could reach him on fly patterns if all conditions were perfect because his arm was powerful enough to do so. Of course, that was about all he could do, but that's not where I'm going. :) I think that Evans too must evolve into a complete receiver. He is paid a lot, right?

I als think that TO will draw coverage from Evans because if defenses don't load up on TO, he will be open on virtually every play.

Still, in any event, Trent has to come develop this season. I sense that he will, but who knows?

I agree. Lee has shown in preseason that he doesn't tend to come back to the ball or lose coverage very well.

Guest dog14787

T.O. is not in favor of the no huddle and the coaching staff really needs to listen to what the most experienced man on the football field is telling them in my opinion. (maybe they have)

Still, in any event, Trent has to come develop this season. I sense that he will, but who knows?

Evans is hardly a one-trick pony. Skill-wise he's one of the top 15 WRs in the league. What i usually see is Evans running a route, and either Trentative waiting until he comes open to throw (which is too late), or simply refusing to throw to Evans and instead settling for a checkdown to Lynch/Jackson. Perhaps AVP will also call more receiving routes that get Evans the ball in space or hit him in stride, other than the curls and outs, which were the only thing Schonchild called.

Good call on the Losman dig. For a second there i almost thought you actually made an entire post without trashing Losman or DBs.

T.O. is not in favor of the no huddle and the coaching staff really needs to listen to what the most experienced man on the football field is telling them in my opinion. (maybe they have)

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post?id=2815

Owens was in a playful mood when he took a jab at the Patriots, saying there was "nothing up my sleeve. I might bring my spy camera," and delivering a self-effacing joke that's being misconstrued as criticism of Buffalo's offense.

Owens was asked if he liked Buffalo's no-huddle approach.

"No, not really," Owens replied. "But I got to deal with it."

Then Owens laughed and explained the up-tempo style can be tough on a receiver. Plus, he missed four of Buffalo's five preseason games because of a sprained toe.

But folks are acting like this is the first sign of a pending Owens blowup.

Observers have been wondering when T.O. was going to become a headache. He still might at some point, but I can confidently say this wasn't it.