Mike Williams

IndyJay1234

I want to say something. During training camp I was all over this guy for a lack of commitment to this team and to football. I really feel he has picked up his play on the field this year. He is not all the way there yet but he has improved. What really makes me happy is this guy get carted off in a ambulance on Sunday and returns to practice today. Mike had every excuse to take his time getting back on the field. I half expected to read this week that Big Mike would consider retiring after his scare. Way to rebound Big Mike and I must say that I am impressed. I hope he can keep up his play and continue making strides to become the player we all hope he can be. A number of us have blasted him all year and called him names. I hope I am right when I say he may prove us all wrong!!

I also feel that MW has gone through a learning experience prompted by the unfortunate context of his Grandmother's (who apparently raised him as though she were his Mom) death. He reacted poorly to her death which is understandable to me, but reacted to it in a fairly unprofessional manner letting his weight balloon up and not attending "voluntary" practices.

Being human is understandable, but his reactions cannot be condoned as they were not professional from someone who's work and teammates are depending upon him and from someone making millions to represent (and get $) from our region.

It looks like with the support and with the attitude adjustments of his colleagues he seems to be responding in a correct and with the thumbs up even an uplifting manner.

I know some folks want to panic and move him to LG, but he certainly has the agility, the size and the past actions to be a good tackle in this league. I think the alleged football observations of some that he has not shown the ability to play RT are wrong in that he clearly has had problems at tackle, but they have been on rushes on his inside rather than generally being speed rushes on the outside which test agility, have come on stunts which test his football brainpower and have been through poor co-ordination with the young RGs lined up next to him in his first two seasons.

As besT a I can tell JMac raising the issue of him going inside was meant to adjust his attitude by threatening his buck making ability when his FA contract comes up. If this is tru as I think it is, I'm glad he fooled and scared MW in addition to fooling some on TSW as well.

I also feel that MW has gone through a learning experience prompted by the unfortunate context of his Grandmother's (who apparently raised him as though she were his Mom) death.  He reacted poorly to her death which is understandable to me, but reacted to it in a fairly unprofessional manner letting his weight balloon up and not attending "voluntary" practices.

Being human is understandable, but his reactions cannot be condoned as they were not professional from someone who's work and teammates are depending upon him and from someone making millions to represent (and get $) from our region.

It looks like with the support and with the attitude adjustments of his colleagues he seems to be responding in a correct and with the thumbs up even an uplifting manner.

I know some folks want to panic and move him to LG, but he certainly has the agility, the size and the past actions to be a good tackle in this league.  I think the alleged football observations of some that he has not shown the ability to play RT are wrong in that he clearly has had problems at tackle, but they have been on rushes on his inside rather than generally being speed rushes on the outside which test agility, have come on stunts which test his football brainpower and have been through poor co-ordination with the young RGs lined up next to him in his first two seasons.

As besT a I can tell JMac raising the issue of him going inside was meant to adjust his attitude by threatening his buck making ability when his FA contract comes up.  If this is tru as I think it is, I'm glad he fooled and scared MW in addition to fooling some on TSW as well.

113958[/snapback]

Maybe he can be the RT of Ice Man's dreams!!