[closed]Regarding Marv

Got_Wood

He came in and had to fix a team that had just lost a head coach, had very little talent, and was a 5-11 team. He had to make decisions, and he had to do it fast.

I didn't like the hire of Dick Jauron, but he was meant to be a guy who was stable and get them through a rebuilding process. I don't believe he was the long term solution to begin with.

The o-line was awful, and he had to get out there and grab whatever talent was available. They ended up overspending a bit out of desperation.

His first draft in 2006 is way better than people make it out to be. Whitner, McCargo, Youboty, Williams, Butler, and Ellison ALL will have reps in the starting rotation this season. And Simpson might have been better had he not had that terrible injury. Yes Ngata would have been a great 1st round pick, but it's history now.

The 2007 draft brought us Lynch, Poz, Edwards, Schouman, and Wendling. Once again, all guys that are either starting caliber or will get playing time this year.

Overall, we still have 8 starters, and 2 rotational starters that he drafted for us. I believe we're at the turning point. We will have a new coach next year, and hopefully Edwards pans out this season. If not, it's the best QB draft class in years with Bradford, Tebow, McCoy, and Snead all available. Things can only get better from here.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.