Historical Game of the Week

KRC

Now that the season is here, it is time for the Historical Game of the Week. This week, I thought I would cover the Bills' stomping of the Pats in 1989. Over the coming weeks, I will cover Buffalo games from all eras.

October 1, 1989: New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills

Previous editions of the Historical GOTW

Two Bills Drive Football History Section

Thanks Ken! Now I know the season is upon us :rolleyes:

Was this the game Bruce chased Flutie all the way across the field, then whomped him near the sideleine? If so, that play stands out as one of my favorite BS plays as Flutie thought he had sucessfully left Bruce in his wake, then 'woke up' under him on the sideline! :unsure:

I'd have thought you'd offer the first game ever played in the AFL. The two teams then will look remarkably like the two teams who face off Monday night.. :thumbsup:

Was this the game Bruce chased Flutie all the way across the field, then whomped him near the sideleine? If so, that play stands out as one of my favorite BS plays as Flutie thought he had sucessfully left Bruce in his wake, then 'woke up' under him on the sideline! :unsure:

I'd have thought you'd offer the first game ever played in the AFL. The two teams then will look remarkably like the two teams who face off Monday night.. :thumbsup:

Chandler, you may be confusing this with the game in 1988, when Bruce ended the day by sacking Flutie... Bills won 23-20

:thumbsup:

See above.

I'd have thought you'd offer the first game ever played in the AFL. The two teams then will look remarkably like the two teams who face off Monday night.. :unsure:

Well, I covered the September 23, 1960 game vs. the Pats* last year in the HGOTW. It was not the first AFL game, but it was the first regular-season game against the Pats*.

Now that the season is here, it is time for the Historical Game of the Week. This week, I thought I would cover the Bills' stomping of the Pats in 1989.

Ahhhhhh...... I was at that game.... SWEET!!! :rolleyes:

First time my then 2 month old son (he's now 20yrs old) slept thru the night.

"It’s a play we always work on,” said Thomas. “I run toward the sideline and Andre Reed cuts across the middle. It’s like a pick play. We wiped two of their guys out, that’s why I was so wide open.”

As simle as that.