The Status Of Bell's Injury - Does Anyone Know The Latest?

Steely Dan

I would really like to see Bell move in as starting LT but his back injury really concerns me. It seems that back injuries can plague a player for his entire career. So I'm interested if anyone knows the severity of this injury and his time frame for getting back. He injured it August 24th and I haven't heard about him practicing or any more info on his injury since then. It's been almost two weeks and that doesn't look good to me. :thumbsup:

I would really like to see Bell move in as starting LT but his back injury really concerns me. It seems that back injuries can plague a player for his entire career. So I'm interested if anyone knows the severity of this injury and his time frame for getting back. He injured it August 24th and I haven't heard about him practicing or any more info on his injury since then. It's been almost two weeks and that doesn't look good to me. :thumbsup:

I just read this morning that he still isn't practicing but Jauron seemed to indicate he would start to practice by Wednesday.

There were several players held out.

"Bell continues to nurse a sore back. Johnson suffered a thigh contusion in the final preseason game last Thursday. Florence has been out the past three weeks with a sprained knee. Fine is sidelined with an injured hamstring.

Jauron said he is optimistic that all the players will return to practice by Wednesday."

As for starting I would be very surprised if that happened 5 days before week one. If Walker struggles and Bells back improves you may see a drastic change like that after a bye week. Back injuries can be terrible especially for big men, that is why they are really taking the time and treatment for Bell the same way they took so much time for TO and his toe.

I just read this morning that he still isn't practicing but Jauron seemed to indicate he would start to practice by Wednesday.

There were several players held out.

"Bell continues to nurse a sore back. Johnson suffered a thigh contusion in the final preseason game last Thursday. Florence has been out the past three weeks with a sprained knee. Fine is sidelined with an injured hamstring.

Jauron said he is optimistic that all the players will return to practice by Wednesday."

As for starting I would be very surprised if that happened 5 days before week one. If Walker struggles and Bells back improves you may see a drastic change like that after a bye week. Back injuries can be terrible especially for big men, that is why they are really taking the time and treatment for Bell the same way they took so much time for TO and his toe.

Muchos Gracias! :rolleyes: