Just watched Deerhunter on cable

BuffaloBill

What a flick. I just finished watching a rerun of the Deer hunter on cable. It is an awesome movie. My only complaint is that the deer hunting scenes are filmed in Washington State. The tree lines and glaciers are not fitting of Pennsylvania. Great movie even if much of it was filmed in Ohio or West Virginia. This is probably the fifth time I have seen it.

Great movie...Just watched Balckhawk Down here down under on regular TV (they show it uncut and commercial free on TV1) . Some movies just make you proud to be American and to have served even if you don't agree with the politics. :wallbash:

Good movie. I remember it being horrendously slow-moving at times, but it wrapped up nicely. The piano solo scene before the boys go of to war is a great scene.

That was pretty much my take on the Deerhunter. Some great scenes, but dragged out way too long.

What a flick. I just finished watching a rerun of the Deer hunter on cable. It is an awesome movie. My only complaint is that the deer hunting scenes are filmed in Washington State. The tree lines and glaciers are not fitting of Pennsylvania. Great movie even if much of it was filmed in Ohio or West Virginia. This is probably the fifth time I have seen it.

LOL, rerun. It's a classic film, not a Laverne and Shirley episode.

The wedding scene was wayyyyy to drawn out, but nevertheless, a great motion picture.