Let's talke about talent for a second

PNW_Bills_Fan

Agree, if you have a Brady, or QB who is able to make the slide moves that buy that extra second to allow the play to develop. TE doesn't seem to have the uncanny ability to extend time in the pocket, that the upper tier QB's seem to have. Plus Brady's line usually is pretty darn good at protecting him, and he has more than Lee Evans to throw to. Hopefully having TO will allow them to get teams out of being able to keep 8 in a box.

The reason I started this thread is because I was sick if hearing how awful this team is. This team was talentless when TD was here. We are on the right track. We still have some holes. We need a QB that is consistent. Whether DJ gets fired this year or not. I am still optomistic that we are heading in the right direction.

The reason I started this thread is because I was sick if hearing how awful this team is. This team was talentless when TD was here. We are on the right track. We still have some holes. We need a QB that is consistent. Whether DJ gets fired this year or not. I am still optomistic that we are heading in the right direction.

Understood, have another reply where talk about my feelings on that. They are younger than were, so while I am not completely sold on there being allot more talent, there is hope that several of the good players can grow into great ones. If that happens, then there are enough solid players that with another solid draft in a few key positions, this could be a very good team in a year or two.

There is always a chance that Maybin could be real deal, and if he is, then changes my perspective on defense quite a bit.

They're younger, and they're better. Not all that much better, but because they're young, many are still improving.

The problem is lack of impact players, and Poz might get there, as might Donte, McKelvin and Maybin. On the offense, Evans could be one if we get the OL consistently protecting the QB, get the QB being effective, and have (even after this year) a guy on the other side who is enough of a threat that they can't just fade the coverage over to Lee's side. Marshawn too, maybe.

The other thing is that we still don't know about our QB, and that is simply the most important position on the field. And our guy is too young for us to know for sure if he'll make it. The next year or two, until we find out whether he is a guy who can take us to the playoffs, might very well be a long, painful slog.

It'd be nice if you could figure out in advance if QBs were good enough. You can't. You just have to let them play. Eli Manning is a good example, and there are a hundred others around the league in recent history. It usually takes 3 to 4 years. If the light goes on for Trent, this team is in a really good position. If not ... ouch.

We've got plenty of talent on this squad. We have two pro bowl calibre wideouts, a good young QB, a pro bowl calibre RB, a tough OL. On Defense we have a very aggressive squad with a returning pro bowl DE and the 11th pick in the draft ready to roll. Solid LB's, really good DB's, and excellent special teams.

If we can get a good offensive game plan, we can win 10 games no problem. I don't know if AVP is the guy, but Kelly seems to have faith in him.

Come on.

I kept waiting for the punch line.

One pro bowl wide out, Evans would not start for half the teams in the NFL

good young QB = Hamden?

pro bowl RB - maybe, but its a bit of a stretch

tough OL - What games have you been watching?

11th pick ready to roll - Maybin is the only positive I have seen this preseason.

Excellent special teams - historically yes and I hope true this season. But haven't shown it yet.

10 games no problem - Whatever you are smoking, please ship me a 16 game supply for this season :unsure: