Let's talke about talent for a second

PNW_Bills_Fan

I think we're very talented. There's a lot of great, exciting, young players on our team. Our coaching on the other hand is putrid.

I don't think so. We have very few that could start for other clubs and only one that is a pure impact player....and we only have him for one year...

We've got plenty of talent on this squad. We have two pro bowl calibre wideouts, a good young QB, a pro bowl calibre RB, a tough OL. On Defense we have a very aggressive squad with a returning pro bowl DE and the 11th pick in the draft ready to roll. Solid LB's, really good DB's, and excellent special teams.

If we can get a good offensive game plan, we can win 10 games no problem. I don't know if AVP is the guy, but Kelly seems to have faith in him.

Come on.

We've got plenty of talent on this squad. We have two pro bowl calibre wideouts, a good young QB, a pro bowl calibre RB, a tough OL. On Defense we have a very aggressive squad with a returning pro bowl DE and the 11th pick in the draft ready to roll. Solid LB's, really good DB's, and excellent special teams.

If we can get a good offensive game plan, we can win 10 games no problem. I don't know if AVP is the guy, but Kelly seems to have faith in him.

Come on.

Holy Sh*t! Can you give my eulogy?

I absolutely think we have a lot of talent on this team we just need a couple of pieces here and there........we have guys that could help us more that we dont even give opportunities to like Steve Johnson!

I think the Maybin aquisition was huge.......not just for this year but future years.....he is just so damn quick. I like our young guards......the TO aquisition is a stop gap so we have to hope Hardy comes along.

I dont know what to make of Edwards anymore.......I never looked at his as a deep ball guy but loved it when he was firing those intermediate field throws.....marching the team down the field and getting a defense on its heels.....that DID exist at one time with him....WTF happened?

Have we built for the future or is this team going no where like when TD was here?

Do we have more talent then 4 years ago or about the same amount as before?

This is a no brainer...look at the age of the 2005 starters.

Built for the future and more young talent in 2009.

FS - Troy Vincent 35

SS - Lawyer Milloy 32

DT - Sam Adams 32

OLB - Jeff Posey 30

MLB - London Fletcher 30

FB - Daimon Shelton 33

WR - Eric Moulds 32

TE - Mark Campbell 30

C - Trey Teague 31

RG - Chris Villarrial 32

LG - Bennie Anderson 28

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/team...2005_roster.htm

This is a no brainer...look at the age of the 2005 starters.

Built for the future and more young talent in 2009.

FS - Troy Vincent 35

SS - Lawyer Milloy 32

DT - Sam Adams 32

OLB - Jeff Posey 30

MLB - London Fletcher 30

FB - Daimon Shelton 33

WR - Eric Moulds 32

TE - Mark Campbell 30

C - Trey Teague 31

RG - Chris Villarrial 32

LG - Bennie Anderson 28

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/team...2005_roster.htm

Piss part: Then we had a number of older players, some of whom were stars or nearly stars and on the downhill side of their careers and some younger talent like Schobel and Clements.

Squirts part: Now we have little veteran talent, 1 star in TO and 2 near stars in Stroud and Evans and a bunch of young talent which might become great players or be destined for the scrap heap.

I absolutely think we have a lot of talent on this team we just need a couple of pieces here and there........we have guys that could help us more that we dont even give opportunities to like Steve Johnson!

I think the Maybin aquisition was huge.......not just for this year but future years.....he is just so damn quick. I like our young guards......the TO aquisition is a stop gap so we have to hope Hardy comes along.

I dont know what to make of Edwards anymore.......I never looked at his as a deep ball guy but loved it when he was firing those intermediate field throws.....marching the team down the field and getting a defense on its heels.....that DID exist at one time with him....WTF happened?

Part of it is DC's realized what his strengths are, and realize can put 8 in box, and still defend the short/intermediate routes, since he doesn't look deep. I think another part is related to his injuries from getting hit. Once he gets dinged up, he looses his nerve to wait the plays out, and doesn't want to wait for the plays to develop and just checks down to get it out fast.

I think we have allot of solid players on this team. I don't think we have enough difference makers though. The players on defense that should be difference makers like Witner, Posluszny, McGee, Stroud, and Schobel are all solid players, but don't make many big plays or turn tides of games. I don't like the overall talent of our defensive line or Linebackers, but secondary has some talent and depth, but no one who would consider a pro-bowler.

Offense isn't as solid as the defense, but think they have a few players that can be game changers, like Evans, TO and to some degree Lynch. Until they find a way to be more consistent, and find a way for the line give the QB more time for plays to develop, not sure how good the offense is going to be, if good at all. Better QB play wouldn't hurt either. Almost seems like a waste to have such talented skill players on a team that cant seem to find a way to play constantly on offense, or even show up every week.

Overall, I think we have less talent of defense as far as the upper tier play-makers, but more depth of quality players. And on offense think the opposite.

Actually I dont think you can put 8 in the box and defend the intermediate route like that......I am talking in the 15-20 yard throw range not the 5-10 foot range which I consider to be a short throw.......

Brady killed teams with this pass and an occasional deep throw all the time.

Agree, if you have a Brady, or QB who is able to make the slide moves that buy that extra second to allow the play to develop. TE doesn't seem to have the uncanny ability to extend time in the pocket, that the upper tier QB's seem to have. Plus Brady's line usually is pretty darn good at protecting him, and he has more than Lee Evans to throw to. Hopefully having TO will allow them to get teams out of being able to keep 8 in a box.