Question for those using Verizon or FIOS

The Poojer

a friend of mine told me last night that she is unable to use the verizon outgoing servers to send email anymore, instead she has to use gmail, yahoo or hotmail, or something similar.....is anyone in the know on this? it doesn't sound right to me. I do see something on the internet about them turning off port 25 to avoid spam..is that all it is?

a friend of mine told me last night that she is unable to use the verizon outgoing servers to send email anymore, instead she has to use gmail, yahoo or hotmail, or something similar.....is anyone in the know on this? it doesn't sound right to me. I do see something on the internet about them turning off port 25 to avoid spam..is that all it is?

No issues for me . . .

it may become one for you....apparently they are shutting off the outgoing default port(25), thereby not allowing you to send outgoing e-mails using something other than their web based email, so if you are using Outlook or Thunderbird or something other, you may have to change your default port on your outgoing mail server to Port 587

No issues for me . . .

it may become one for you....apparently they are shutting off the outgoing default port(25), thereby not allowing you to send outgoing e-mails using something other than their web based email, so if you are using Outlook or Thunderbird or something other, you may have to change your default port on your outgoing mail server to Port 587

Oh, well that 'splains it . . . I use their web-based e-mail as my mail personal e-mail. I do use outlook on my work laptop, but that's through a VPN connection. Shouldn't be a problem . . .