AVP

nuklz2594

VanPelt is smart, and he's fast.

Even during his career, people figured that he would be a coach after he finished.

I listened to all the radio games he was a commentator on. The guy is really really smart. He's also opinionated and decisive. He was willing to criticize a bit. And he knew instantly what the defense was doing to stop plays.

There's no way to be sure, obviously, but I think this is going to work out really well, at least as well as possible with the players involved.

VanPelt is smart, and he's fast.

Even during his career, people figured that he would be a coach after he finished.

I listened to all the radio games he was a commentator on. The guy is really really smart. He's also opinionated and decisive. He was willing to criticize a bit. And he knew instantly what the defense was doing to stop plays.

There's no way to be sure, obviously, but I think this is going to work out really well, at least as well as possible with the players involved.

I believe AVP will do well. I had hoped he would have been given the OC position before Turk. He is bright, with very good football intelegence. He rewrote the Pittsburg Panthers record books after Marino, with out a great deal of physical ability. He knows how to attack a D. Also I think he will be on the same page as Jauron as far as the play book, (see comments from TS and DJ about their different goals for the O). For those who remembert he no huddle in the 90's, the PB was simple, to minimize the plan. It was the speed of execution that was key.