Since we are now at the midpoint

Like A Mofo

Since we are at the mid-point in the 2004 NFL Season and we have all had a chance to see the NFL teams play a half of season, based on what you have all seen, what is your Super Bowl prediciton?

My original prediction was Kansas City vs Philly, but KC couldnt defend a lampost, so forget the Chefs.

My SB prediction is New England vs Philadelphia.

Yours?

Steelers over the Patriots. After the Eagles are upset yet again in the NFC championship game by some Cinderellaish team, the NFL decides to give up on the NFC this year and just re-play the championship game at a neutral site.

Seriously, I don't trust the Eagles and I have no idea who else to pick over there. Not the Vikings, certainly, nor the Falcons, or the Seahawks. There's only one more team above .500, and that's the Giants. They're not that good.

I originally said New England-Seattle, but ya gotta be thinking Pittsburgh-Philadelphia now. I just don't see much in the NFC except Philly and the AFC Pittsburgh proved just how good they are by handling two of the best teams in the league in successive weeks.

Of course, now that I said that, they'll probably lose to Cleveland this week.

Rothlisberger is for real, but I think LeBeau has done a good job for the Steelers masking some weaknesses defensively that good teams will begin to exploit in the postseason.

So I will say Pats-Eagles, although I agree with the below comments on the Eagles & the NFC. I'll never trust Philly until they learn how to stop the run.

Steelers over the Patriots.  After the Eagles are upset yet again in the NFC championship game by some Cinderellaish team, the NFL decides to give up on the NFC this year and just re-play the championship game at a neutral site.

Seriously, I don't trust the Eagles and I have no idea who else to pick over there.  Not the Vikings, certainly, nor the Falcons, or the Seahawks.  There's only one more team above .500, and that's the Giants.  They're not that good.

113176[/snapback]

I predict Janet Jackson will unzip the fly of Justin Timberlake exposing him to the world audience. Fortunately for family viewers the high resolution digital cameras will not be able to see anything in his pants. As a result, young rappers will grab their crotch while they "sing" as a sign of solidarity with Justin.

:lol:

I think Pittsburgh is the team to beat in the AFC, not that the Pats aren't good. In fact the REAL Super Bowl will be the AFC championship between the Steelers and Pats. The Super Bowl will be an afterthought.

There is no one that good in the NFC. You could pick the Eagles, but The Steelers showed me they are pretenders. The rest of the pack is unimpressive. Vikings, Falcons, Giants, Seahawks, a pretty weak lot, if you ask me.

If I had to predict, I would say Steelers and Vikings, with the Steelers winning it in a laugher. Eagles lose yet another NFC Championship game.

PTR