First shot across the bow:

Why, are the Bills going to move to the NCAA?

You may want to check this article out.

You know Rich I think I've read everything there is to read from Scouts about Tebow...And NO QUESTION some Scouts think He flat out cannot play QB in the NFL...Others think it will take him 2-3 years to make the adjustment...A few think He'll be pretty good...Some say his Arm is REAL good...Others say it's below average...Not a single one questions his drive, determination, leadership, citizenship, etc...

The thing I see with Tebow is this...I think He's definitely like nothing we have seen in the Pro's before...Nothing...The closest I can think of would be Steve Young...Not just because He's a lefty but also because Young was an awesome running QB...But even that is a MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR stretch...What I see with Tebow is this...IF He can land somewhere with a HC and an Offensive Coordinator that is REAL creative who knows? All I know is that there is no way I'm going to say Tebow won't make it...He just seems like the kind of Kid that is going to prove everyone wrong...You just never know...He seems like a Guy who somehow, someway, He's going to find a way...

I think personality-wise He's EXACTLY what this Team needs at QB...Play wise I really have no idea...I'm not that smart...But I do know this Coaching Staff would kill his Pro career in 2 Years flat...Gruden loves him...Get Gruden in here as HC and Draft Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd Round and I'm AOK with it... :rolleyes:

Why, are the Bills going to move to the NCAA?

You may want to check this article out.

"I know 2008 was the year of the rookie quarterback in the NFL as both Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco led their teams to the playoffs. But both Ryan and Flacco had a lot of pieces around them, including strong running games and attacking defenses. Plus, both of them were light years ahead of Tebow when they got drafted in terms of reading defenses.

I believe that Tebow has a long way to go before the draft in April to prove he is an NFL-caliber quarterback. For one thing, his throwing motion is a “push," or sidearm style, which lends me to believe he will get passes batted down at the line of scrimmage. The fact that his passes often wobble leads to questions about his arm strength.

Tebow also runs with a “fullback” mentality—you know, "I am running it, just try to stop me!"—which might work in college, but if he tries to run over a linebacker like Patrick Willis in the NFL, it may be his last run. Lastly, the 2007 Heisman winner locks in on receivers and often throws jump balls where great playmakers like Percy Harvin make him look good on Sportscenter. "

This is the only critique in this guys bloviating dribble, and it holds no water. 'Ryan & Flacco were light years ahead of TT reading defenses'? Says who? Their W/L records -compared to Florida's? Not likely. He 'thinks' his passes will be batted down? He questions his arm strength? Yeeesh. It's pretty obvious to me the author hasn't seen Tebow play and is just writing a dissenting view to be different.

No value in this assessment, whatsoever. I don't know if Tebow will succeed as a pro, but this article says absolutely nothing.

"I know 2008 was the year of the rookie quarterback in the NFL as both Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco led their teams to the playoffs. But both Ryan and Flacco had a lot of pieces around them, including strong running games and attacking defenses. Plus, both of them were light years ahead of Tebow when they got drafted in terms of reading defenses.

I believe that Tebow has a long way to go before the draft in April to prove he is an NFL-caliber quarterback. For one thing, his throwing motion is a “push," or sidearm style, which lends me to believe he will get passes batted down at the line of scrimmage. The fact that his passes often wobble leads to questions about his arm strength.

Tebow also runs with a “fullback” mentality—you know, "I am running it, just try to stop me!"—which might work in college, but if he tries to run over a linebacker like Patrick Willis in the NFL, it may be his last run. Lastly, the 2007 Heisman winner locks in on receivers and often throws jump balls where great playmakers like Percy Harvin make him look good on Sportscenter. "

This is the only critique in this guys bloviating dribble, and it holds no water. 'Ryan & Flacco were light years ahead of TT reading defenses'? Says who? Their W/L records -compared to Florida's? Not likely. He 'thinks' his passes will be batted down? He questions his arm strength? Yeeesh. It's pretty obvious to me the author hasn't seen Tebow play and is just writing a dissenting view to be different.

No value in this assessment, whatsoever. I don't know if Tebow will succeed as a pro, but this article says absolutely nothing.

There is A LOT of truth in that article. A simple Google will bring up multiple articles that state NFL scouts have very strong doubts about Tebow at QB.

You know Rich I think I've read everything there is to read from Scouts about Tebow...And NO QUESTION some Scouts think He flat out cannot play QB in the NFL...Others think it will take him 2-3 years to make the adjustment...A few think He'll be pretty good...Some say his Arm is REAL good...Others say it's below average...Not a single one questions his drive, determination, leadership, citizenship, etc...

The thing I see with Tebow is this...I think He's definitely like nothing we have seen in the Pro's before...Nothing...The closest I can think of would be Steve Young...Not just because He's a lefty but also because Young was an awesome running QB...But even that is a MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR stretch...What I see with Tebow is this...IF He can land somewhere with a HC and an Offensive Coordinator that is REAL creative who knows? All I know is that there is no way I'm going to say Tebow won't make it...He just seems like the kind of Kid that is going to prove everyone wrong...You just never know...He seems like a Guy who somehow, someway, He's going to find a way...

I think personality-wise He's EXACTLY what this Team needs at QB...Play wise I really have no idea...I'm not that smart...But I do know this Coaching Staff would kill his Pro career in 2 Years flat...Gruden loves him...Get Gruden in here as HC and Draft Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd Round and I'm AOK with it... :rolleyes:

He definitely possess some freakish skills. But, the Young comparison falls short when you realize that Young finished his BYU career as the NCAA's all time leading passer. Then again, so was another BYU signall caller....Jim McMahon. So, take that for what it's worth, I guess.

I don't know if he'll be some stud or not. I only know that as unsure a process as the draft is, I wouldn't want to enhance my doubt by using a high pick on a guy who may or may not have the raw tools needed @ the next level.

Heck, I question Tebow's arm strength. One of the throws he made in the game vs Alabama was a wounded duck of a throw for a 3rd down conversion thanks only to a wonderful play by TE Aaron Hernandez (he's really good, by the way). The win loss records have little to do w/ a QB's ability to transfer his skills from the collegiate to the professional level. If it were more relevant, Eric Crouch would've been a dominant pro passer instead of a kid who whined 'bout playing safety and quit on the NFL.

What is there no value to? Everything in that argument about tebag's shortcomings is dead on accurate. The guy is a hell of a college player. But there are serious doubts as to how his game will translate at the next level.