Random thoughts from people 25-35 years old

ricojes

-Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the hell was going on when I first saw it.

Airplane

Ted Striker: I flew single engine fighters in the Air Force, but this plane has four engines. It's an entirely different kind of flying altogether.

Dr. Rumack, Randy: [together] It's an entirely different kind of flying.

I probably didn't get that joke until about the 20th viewing. I was 12, but still. :rolleyes:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Airplane

Ted Striker: I flew single engine fighters in the Air Force, but this plane has four engines. It's an entirely different kind of flying altogether.

Dr. Rumack, Randy: [together] It's an entirely different kind of flying.

I probably didn't get that joke until about the 20th viewing. I was 12, but still. :rolleyes:

I never got it until reading it just now. :doh:

All you need to do is hear one. Because then you've heard them all.

That's not true. You need to hear three or four. Then they're all the same after that. :rolleyes:

My wife likes listening to them, so we went to a show a few months ago. I have to say that, while they're not the most musically gifted guys in the world, they put on a very entertaining show. They're very engaged with the crowd and look like they're really enjoying themselves.

CW

-Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn't work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards or FAQ's. We just figured it out. today's kids are soft.

:unsure::worthy: Nintendo?? :worthy::worthy:

Hey... 25-35 year olds... Don't trip over your own self... It was learned from an older generation like myself (41)... Now those kids were tough!

The technique was passed down like the oral traditions... You know, from older folks that used the Atari 2600.

:worthy:

I have over 1500 cds, 2000 albums, I have 30,000 G on my Ipod, and have 95 genres of music. I would say I am quite qualified to state that Nickleback sucks

There's a huge difference between "Nickelback sucks" and "Nickelback is the worst band I've ever heard. That is not hyperbole."

The former is understandable. The latter implies that you don't listen to music, because there are FAR worse bands out there.

There's a huge difference between "Nickelback sucks" and "Nickelback is the worst band I've ever heard. That is not hyperbole."

The former is understandable. The latter implies that you don't listen to music, because there are FAR worse bands out there.

Nickelback sucks and nickleback is the worst band I have ever heard are not mutually exclusive. They are the worst band I have ever heard. Music is subjective and that is my opinion. I honestly cannot think of worse music that I have ever heard

-I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone's laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still the

only one who really, really gets it.

This is so true. For me, it's American Psycho. That may be sad, but I think everyone NEEDS to understand and appreciate how great the dark humor is in that film. If you can't get it, well, you're f*cking dumb! :censored: