Wireless Electricity

Nervous Guy

Edison got all the press.

Tesla was the real deal. But he was a foreigner, and quite eccentric. Didn't like having to explain things as he knew them to be. As we enter an age where energy is all-important, maybe people will come to realize how far ahead of his time Tesla was.

There are going to be some important issues to work out/around. It'll start with small stations for charging cell phones and so forth. If that proves to be viable (and profitable), they'll work forward from there.

...which will allegedly cause cancer. That's when the lawers step in and cash in too.

PTR

There are going to be some important issues to work out/around. It'll start with small stations for charging cell phones and so forth.

Impossible. How are the cell phone companies going to make money off of all their different phone charger cables?

All glory to the hypnotoad

I'd much rather see depictions of some sort of hell for robots. That would at least get a catchy theme song.

Edit: Oh crap, that's my avatar on Sabrespace. Oh well. I WILL DESTROY YOU!

I remember reading a story on these advancements something like 3 or 4 years ago. I wish I could remember where I saw it (I thought it was here). The small corners of houses with charging stations should work out really well, but good luck with testing the long term health implications if they try to go more widescale and make things work just about everywhere.

Wasn't there a guy named Nikola Tesla that thought of broadcasting power over a 100 years ago... Invented the radio to that Marconi stole... Also remote control stuff a 100 years... Not to mention AC.

Boy, I guess he was right... His ideas were well before his time.

Scroll up the page a little to my post (#3 in thread)

Scroll up the page a little to my post (#3 in thread)

I didn't look at it... I am at work and YouTube is skecthy... Was it a Tesla Coil? My son made a small (safe one) for his 4th "wax museum" thingy last year... The children would dress up like somebody famous and they would do their routine... My son would light up a CFB and a stick fluorescent bulb wirelessly and then read his talk... It is a Catholic school so each child was chraging $.25 to see a routine... <_< My son was raking it in over the students because the other students throughout the school wanted to see sparks and a bulb light wirelessly... WHo wants to see Amelia Earhart without a plane? After a while my son got wise and started charging separately for the reading by "Nikola Tesla" and the demo with the Tesla Coil...

:wallbash: He might have a future in church finance with the Diocese someday! :censored:

Oh... BTW, George Patton (one of his friends) fainted and had to go home early... Apparently the uniform got to hot! :wallbash: Even my son said, Patton is rolling over in his grave... What a wimp! :(