Sorry, another Jauron Thread

I know generally teams (and coaches for that matter) don't like to have a coach going into a lame duck final season, and that the Bills really put themselves into a bad position by offering Jauron a new deal before the season really played itself out.

However, if Jauron had lets say finished the season at 11-5, garnering only the second winning season of his career, in your opinion, do you think it would have been reasonable to assume that there would be such a ground swell by other NFL teams to sign Jauron that we seriously would have run the risk of losing him at the end of the season?

I know it is not the only factor that goes into it, and many analysts had been sort of impressed with his back to back 7-9 seasons, but geez, do you think the team (players) was going to be upset by not having him signed in December? Do you think Jauron would have even pouted and said, "this is ridiculous, I'm outta here!"?

Just venting, this team has a habit of doing that to you.

BTW, Pat Williams still looks like he can play football and Winfield still looks like he was worth the money.

...just sayin'...this team/organization drives you crazy.

I know generally teams (and coaches for that matter) don't like to have a coach going into a lame duck final season, and that the Bills really put themselves into a bad position by offering Jauron a new deal before the season really played itself out.

However, if Jauron had lets say finished the season at 11-5, garnering only the second winning season of his career, in your opinion, do you think it would have been reasonable to assume that there would be such a ground swell by other NFL teams to sign Jauron that we seriously would have run the risk of losing him at the end of the season?

I know it is not the only factor that goes into it, and many analysts had been sort of impressed with his back to back 7-9 seasons, but geez, do you think the team (players) was going to be upset by not having him signed in December? Do you think Jauron would have even pouted and said, "this is ridiculous, I'm outta here!"?

Just venting, this team has a habit of doing that to you.

BTW, Pat Williams still looks like he can play football and Winfield still looks like he was worth the money.

...just sayin'...this team/organization drives you crazy.

DJ would have been fired by about 31 other teams in the NFL after his team collapsed to a third consecutive 7-9-0 season after starting 5-1-0 last season. Yes, siree bob, this team/organization does indeed drive you crazy. :lol:;)

Of course not. 12 teams make the playoffs every year. How many of those coaches are offered jobs by scrub teams? Not many.

There was zero need to provide Jauron with an extension.