Anyone with Wiki program experience?

Just Jack

We're considering it as one option for sharing info with techs on the road. I see there's quite a few versions of software, so if anyone here has experience, here's some of our requirements....

we'll host it, no need for a hosting site

username/password protected, so only our employees can see it, and get in to change info

I may have other questions based on what answers I get.

Thanks.

We're considering it as one option for sharing info with techs on the road. I see there's quite a few versions of software, so if anyone here has experience, here's some of our requirements....

username/password protected, so only our employees can see it, and get in to change info

Thanks.

I haven't set one up, but it's just a php based app isn't it? They're pretty easy to get the hang of it ... try installing it and play with it.

Thanks.

We use Drupal at my current job and used it at my last job for documenting and sharing info between engineers.

http://drupal.org/

It isn't too difficult to set up and very easy to manage and use once you get going. You just need a database box to store the information and a host box. We are using Apache for our server.

We use Drupal at my current job and used it at my last job for documenting and sharing info between engineers.

http://drupal.org/

It isn't too difficult to set up and very easy to manage and use once you get going. You just need a database box to store the information and a host box. We are using Apache for our server.

Some hosts have a program called Fantastico that automatically installs all kinds of php based prgrams, including wikis, drupal, forums, etc ... it's a different world, but it's pretty easy once you get used to it. I like php because it's open source and is pretty easy to modify once you understand it.

I don't need/want to any php changes, pretty much looking for an 'out of the box' solution. And free would be nice, since we'd only be using it for a few months until our enterprise system gets installed.

The "out of the box" stuff is quote good ... I just like to tinker with stuff which is why I start modifying code.