Bills lead the league in completion %

"The most deceiving stat of this NFL preseason is Buffalo’s league-leading completion percentage — 91 of 129 (.711)..."

Thing is, I can't figure out who's catching all those passes!?!

"It’s not a good sign when your three QBs have passer ratings of 96.7, 90.1 and 46.9 — in reserve order of where they appear on the depth chart."

Ouch.

"The most encouraging stat for the Bills is rush defense. They’ve allowed only 2.7 yards per carry."

Without some semblance of an offense, though, their efforts will be wasted again this year. Let's hope TO is the key in the ignition of this wreck project.

http://php.democratandchronicle.com/blog/sportsx/

"The most deceiving stat of this NFL preseason is Buffalo’s league-leading completion percentage — 91 of 129 (.711)..."

"It’s not a good sign when your three QBs have passer ratings of 96.7, 90.1 and 46.9 — in reserve order of where they appear on the depth chart."

Ouch.

"The most encouraging stat for the Bills is rush defense. They’ve allowed only 2.7 yards per carry."

Without some semblance of an offense, though, their efforts will be wasted again this year. Let's hope TO is the key in the ignition of this wreck project.

If only they weren't last in TD's. B-)

Wiley DJ is trying to lull the competition into a false sense of security, thinking that the Bills suck as bad as they ever have... tee hee.

Seriously didn't the Bills sleepwalk thru last pre-season and then completely STUN the Seahawks? And that was when the Hawks were healthy and coming off another winning season.

And then the Bills sleepwalked thru much of the rest of the regular season.

Sigh.

Stoud and Williams have quietly had a very good preseason. With Poz playing much better, I think that the middle of the Bills run defense is a strong as it's been since big Pat left many moons ago.

Wiley DJ is trying to lull the competition into a false sense of security, thinking that the Bills suck as bad as they ever have... tee hee.

Seriously didn't the Bills sleepwalk thru last pre-season and then completely STUN the Seahawks? And that was when the Hawks were healthy and coming off another winning season.

Sigh.

Nope last year they were 2-2 in the preseason, beating the Steelers and Colts (losing to the Skins and Lions). However, they scored at least a few touchdowns and appeared somewhat competitive. Trent was 10-16, 122 yards, 2 TDs, 0ints. JP was about the same 24-33, 200yds, 1 TD, 0int.

I'm not sure I'd call that playing great. But, they seemed better than this year.

Source: Internets.

Sigh.

I think 3 of the Seahawks starting wide receivers were injured and couldn't play that game. If i remember correctly, they had their backup qb (forgot his name) play wide receiver because they were so depleted at the position.

Stoud and Williams have quietly had a very good preseason. With Poz playing much better, I think that the middle of the Bills run defense is a strong as it's been since big Pat left many moons ago.

The run defense has been better. But if you can't stop the pass, there won't be a need to run. This reminds me in 2006 when teams ran the ball for 140 rypg against the Bills, yet Buffalo was top 10 against the pass.

Roethlisberger and Batch completed a lot of passes, especially on 3rd down. If they don't get a pass-rush, there will be much more of the same. This defense must play flawless each week if they're going to win.

yeah, because come regular season, we're going to see a TOTALLY different team. ;)

A totally different team, you say? Well, that could be either good or bad. Let's throw ideas out there, and see where our guts tell us the chips will fall . . .

1) The team will look "totally different" once the regular season begins

2) The season begins against the Patriots

3) Bill Belichick has had all off-season to prepare . . .

The more I think about it, the more ominous "totally different" sounds. :lol:

Sigh.

Weren't the Seahawks missing like 5 starters on their o-line. Hardly like playing the pats this year.

WRONG! (read below) They were FAR from being healthy...they were a MESS!

I think 3 of the Seahawks starting wide receivers were injured and couldn't play that game. If i remember correctly, they had their backup qb (forgot his name) play wide receiver because they were so depleted at the position.

Not only were they without those WR's...the only active receiver they had on their roster for that game, with more than 12 CAREER receptions was Nate Burleson. Courtney Taylor and Seneca Wallace (backup QB), were the other starting WR's. Their sh------- running game would not help this cause at all either.

Also, they were without their starting DT Rocky Bernard, who was suspended for that game.

And, they were without RT Sean Locklear...starting Ray Willis (12 career games, 0 starts) against Aaron Schobel.

Most importantly, Matt Hasselbeck had just returned the week leading up to that game, from a back injury that had him on the shelf from January until September. He only played in 2 series that pre-season, and was not touched once.

*SOURCE: http://www.profootballcentral.com/2008/09/...hawks-vs-bills/

Sure, it's preseason, but things are awfully reminiscent of last preseason...you remember, when Dick announced (after the last preseason game, I think) that he wished the O had more time to get ready. Well, he's had an extra game this year, but things appear to be even worse. Monday Night Football, featuring the Not Ready For Prime Time Bills...uggh. I guess this is the consistency we were promised.

I think the D will be fine, though, and the silver lining I see is if TO makes the kind of difference we think he can. If he delivers I think we could be just a slightly below average offense. Along with a slightly better than average defense this team just might achieve...ummm....a 7-9 record?

Dont forget Spencer too, he has had a very good preseason

Ouch.

The defense has been a bright spot so far this preseason. If they get just a little help from the offense we could be in good shape.

The Bills also rank 4th in AFC defense and 6th in the NFL in defense allowed for pre-season. Maybe we won't be so bad this year. Defense looks pretty good, offense looks bad. Can't put too much stock in either really I guess. Let's just wait for New England and reserve judgement when the regular season comes