I love Ubuntu

I have an HP/Compaq NC6400 that had it's XP OS die hard. No choice but to reformat, still not sure what caused it to happen. Well, I had saved my drivers on a USB flashdrive, and for some reason when I went to reinstall XP, it wiped out the flash drive. I was toast. No drivers, nothing. Found an Ubuntu 8.10 disk, installed it on another partition, and voila! My EVDO modem works like a charm, I can download my drivers and my XP is working again. If I didn't have to use office 2007, I'd use Ubuntu full time. NO DOUBT.

Ubuntu >>>>>Every other OS.

I have an HP/Compaq NC6400 that had it's XP OS die hard. No choice but to reformat, still not sure what caused it to happen. Well, I had saved my drivers on a USB flashdrive, and for some reason when I went to reinstall XP, it wiped out the flash drive. I was toast. No drivers, nothing. Found an Ubuntu 8.10 disk, installed it on another partition, and voila! My EVDO modem works like a charm, I can download my drivers and my XP is working again. If I didn't have to use office 2007, I'd use Ubuntu full time. NO DOUBT.

Nice ... I have it, but haven't tried it yet ...

Things change... :devil: Glad you were able to get things up and going again.

I don't understand a word you just said ...

Well, for starters, "you" is a second-person singular pronoun, used to refer to directly to the person one is addressing. And "and" is what's known as a "conjunction", and is used to additively join words or clauses.

So there's two words for you...

Well, for starters, "you" is a second-person singular pronoun, used to refer to directly to the person one is addressing. And "and" is what's known as a "conjunction", and is used to additively join words or clauses.

So there's two words for you...

Yeah ... and I got two words for you ... :devil: LOL