Private Loan Consolidation

Anyone know any good companies that will combine my private student loans into one steady price per month?

Sallie Mae has decided to raise my monthly rate from $180, to $313, to $475 in 2 years...

AND... My Credit is good!

Any help would be much appreciated.. maybe even lawyer recommendation!

The student loan industry is in ALL sorts of disarray right now, because of fallout from the credit market & financial. Of the three student loan companies I've worked for/with in the past five years, two went out of business and I'm not sure the third is even doing consolidations right now (actually, they're taking over some of Sallie Mae's servicing functions - I'm working on the web site right now, in fact. Sallie's got some serious issues, which is why they're raising your monthly rate, ditched services like consolidation, and are outsourcing a lot of other functions).

If you can PM me your loan info (I assume Sallie Mae's the originator of them all, but how many of what types - I don't care about dollar amounts), I can ask around some. No promises.

Anyone know any good companies that will combine my private student loans into one steady price per month?

Sallie Mae has decided to raise my monthly rate from $180, to $313, to $475 in 2 years...

AND... My Credit is good!

Any help would be much appreciated.. maybe even lawyer recommendation!

Drizz those arent your rates really. If I could hear some specifics about the interest rates and amts I may be able to give you some advice. I have done student loans and tons of lines of credit in my student and business life.--Altho as far as recommending good companies to change to DC TOM may be your man.

I know how to strategically plan though.But need more info about you...job etc.

Drizz those arent your rates really. If I could hear some specifics about the interest rates and amts I may be able to give you some advice. I have done student loans and tons of lines of credit in my student and business life.--Altho as far as recommending good companies to change to DC TOM may be your man.

I know how to strategically plan though.But need more info about you...job etc.

What I need is consolidation

180 the first 2 years

313 the next 80-90

475 after that for 80-90 monthes

125 for the next 80 monthes

180 the first 2 years

313 the next 80-90

again those numbers are meaningless without knowing the amts and the interest rates

180 the first 2 years

313 the next 80-90

That's the way my Sallie Mae was originally setup, small amount to get you started, then jack it up when you should be raking in the $$$. There was an option when I had my loan to switch it to a set amount every month, no change in payment over the years. Do you see that anywhere on their webpage?