Fans are Patriotized

ok so i got out of this thread is that Patriots are a bunch of foreigners who love smearing americans. The North American Bills need somehow compete with the Italian based Patriots while dealing with being taxed to death compared to the tax shelted Patriots.

The Patriots are so foreign that they quarterback walks around with his foreign boyfriend who breeds trains and raises german shepards.

/thread

The fan base? You're describing the team.

Actually I am not....I see this (and every other bills fan site) loaded with posts about how we have already lost to the patriots or just how badly they will run up the score.

I am not happy with all of the decisions made by the bills....but this is OUR TEAM.....if we truly feel they are hopeless then fans should go look for another one......but those that stay should get behind them and get on their knees and worship the patriots.

Actually I am not....I see this (and every other bills fan site) loaded with posts about how we have already lost to the patriots or just how badly they will run up the score.

I am not happy with all of the decisions made by the bills....but this is OUR TEAM.....if we truly feel they are hopeless then fans should go look for another one......but those that stay should get behind them and get on their knees and worship the patriots.

Well, if you think fans spitting in the faces of other fans is going to turn the Bills around and give them an edge... ok. :rolleyes:

Still, my point remains. The Bills team is soft.

Respecting the Patriots as a good team doesn't make anyone a "bad fan". The Patriots have earned respect by consistently winning -- Jauron has never come close to beating them. They are winners, and any Bills fan that wants more than mere existence should want the Bills to be winners like the Patriots.

Frankly, I don't understand the mentality of blaming unhappy fans for the failures of other people. The fans don't make policy, didn't hire these guys, didn't make the decisions, don't make the play calls, and aren't on the field playing. It makes more sense to blame the groundskeeper, the goal posts, and the weather.

Frankly, I don't understand the mentality of blaming unhappy fans for the failures of other people. The fans don't make policy, didn't hire these guys, didn't make the decisions, don't make the play calls, and aren't on the field playing. It makes more sense to blame the groundskeeper, the goal posts, and the weather.

Nobody is blaming the whiney fans. We're just saying those fans suck, and we'd never wanna watch a game with them.

I dont blame the whiny fans.....I just would not want to hang around them on game day.

There is a difference between being critical and whining. Whining connotates that the one doing the whining is immature and making a high pitched shriek to have someone attend to their desires -- a lack of thinking, a purely emotional outburst of noise. Being critical connotates that the critic has measured and assessed the problem(s) and finds the situation lacking on merits -- they've thought about the problem, studied it, observed how others avoid or solve the problem, etc. I dare to say that the majority of Bills fans find what this organization has done the last 9 years to be less than exemplary and thus worthy and deserving of some serious criticism. I mean even Ralph Wilson and Russ Brandon have been self-critical of how things have happened. Does that make them "whiny" little babies?

Some get tired of whiny fans that focus on complaining about critical fans to deflect conversations away from the football field.

There is a difference between being critical and whining. Whining connotates that the one doing the whining is immature and making a high pitched shriek to have someone attend to their desires -- a lack of thinking, a purely emotional outburst of noise. Being critical connotates that the critic has measured and assessed the problem(s) and finds the situation lacking on merits -- they've thought about the problem, studied it, observed how others avoid or solve the problem, etc. I dare to say that the majority of Bills fans find what this organization has done the last 9 years to be less than exemplary and thus worthy and deserving of some serious criticism. I mean even Ralph Wilson and Russ Brandon have been self-critical of how things have happened. Does that make them "whiny" little babies?

Some get tired of whiny fans that focus on complaining about critical fans to deflect conversations away from the football field.

We are all fans here, at least I think so!

I am concerned when we judge the 2009 Bills against the very best in the NFL.

There is a problem with patience here....

I realize it has been 10 years since the playoffs, but that does not mean you can hurry the process with younger players

We are all fans here, at least I think so!

I am concerned when we judge the 2009 Bills against the very best in the NFL.

There is a problem with patience here....

I realize it has been 10 years since the playoffs, but that does not mean you can hurry the process with younger players

The patience issue may just be riled up fans. On the other hand, Russ Brandon has stated repeatedly that he does not think 7-9 is good enough and that they simply must do better than that. He is the (figure-)head of the team. That may be PR noise or it may be what he is really demanding. If it is the latter, then the impatience is real and it is coming from the front office.

The Bills aren't in a good situation for instant success. I won't claim they are. Still, Jauron has been here 4 years and has had 4 years to mold this team and vector them in the direction he wants his team to go. Excuses and blank looks aside, he is the leader of this team when it hits the playing field. We are 4 years into this project and basic getting-out-of-the-blocks things such as putting together an above average OL and getting a pass rush are just now beginning to get some attention. Patience is nice, but it doesn't excuse blundering nor incompetence. One expects some changes every year, of course, but there is little sign of progress. The cornerstones of Jauron's era in Buffalo were cast with Whitner and McCargo. Those two should, at this point, be the bedrock that this team is built around. The one is an average player that is being moved from SS to FS and the other is a guy they traded on a boomerang. The free agent class has evaporated entirely. It's not just bad luck, either. If you talk to professional football people, they will tell you that the way to build a team is to get a franchise QB, some pass rushers, and some guys to protect the QB and run behind. They could've started out with Cutler, Mangold, or Kiwanuka. There is a difference between hoping to catch lightning in a milk bottle and putting yourself in the best position to be successful.

Hopefully, Trent Edwards skyrockets into a superstar this season. Because, the Bills desperately need him to be way more than average. They need him to be a superstar. Let's hope. ;)

The Patriots are Lamborghini and the Bills, a Chevrolet Impala.

Tom Brady?

New Englands?

Bill Billechick?

New England Patriots are a cut above them all, and the comparison is unfair in my opinion!

I refuse to become "Patriotized" with unrealistic goals and then pay the price in frustration when the team falls short of its goal to unseat the New England Patriots as the team to beat in 2009

-DieHard 1967

*multiple violations...banned from LAs Dinner on his smart ass contest for the next 7 seasons*

1. There will be at least 11 non-Patriots teams to make the playoffs this year. We ask to be one of them.

2. In the fourth year of the Jauron era, this is the time for results, not "semi-rebuilding."

That is all we ask.

*gone*

We have a chance... I hear Brady is already listed as probable

*gone*

NE* without Brady is not that intimidating. All it takes is one good hit. Learn from Wilfork and Losman how it is done. All I can say is I'm glad Rex Ryan is in our division now. He learned what football is about from his dad (bounties on QB's, etc.). DJ is a total wuss and out team is a bunch of wusses to let the cheaters* keep their QB healthy after all they have done to steal wins from us and deliberately injure our QB. We need more character on our team that refuses to let another team intimidate us and we need to dish out more than we receive, such as Wilfork/Losman vs. our D and Brady.

*gone*

ok so i got out of this thread is that Patriots are a bunch of foreigners who love smearing americans. The North American Bills need somehow compete with the Italian based Patriots while dealing with being taxed to death compared to the tax shelted Patriots.

The Patriots are so foreign that they quarterback walks around with his foreign boyfriend who breeds trains and raises german shepards.

/thread

*gone*

*gone*

Well, if you think fans spitting in the faces of other fans is going to turn the Bills around and give them an edge... ok. :thumbsup:

Still, my point remains. The Bills team is soft.

Respecting the Patriots as a good team doesn't make anyone a "bad fan". The Patriots have earned respect by consistently winning -- Jauron has never come close to beating them. They are winners, and any Bills fan that wants more than mere existence should want the Bills to be winners like the Patriots.

*gone*