Fans are Patriotized

Perhaps you watched The Patriots-Redskins game last night and it became painfully obvious that the Bills are not in the same class as the Superbowl runner up of two years ago when the team finished the season 18-0 before losing to the New York Giants.

The way I see it, this is the number one problem in Buffalo, fans comparing a young semi rebuilding team to a veteran powerhouse with superior coaching.

Like it or not, The Patriots are Lamborghini and the Bills, a Chevrolet Impala.

So what are the fans asking from the 2009 Buffalo Bills

#1 Trent Edwards should "Somehow" play as well as Tom Brady?

#2 Buffalo's rebuilt Offensive line should play as well as New Englands?

#3 Dick Jauron can "Somehow" out coach Bill Billechick?

#4 A rookie DE/ LB will somehow reach double digits and improve an already poor pass rush.

Fans in Buffalo, on every Bills website REFUSE to except anything less then the playoffs or heads will roll!

We need to look back at the last 4 drafts and realize most of the players we drafted are not what we expected.

John McCargo is fighting to just stay on the team

Poz is not the dominate LB we hoped he would be!

James Hardy is nowhere near ready to step in!

Edwards is a 3rd round selection, and it appears his play to date, reflects that.

We could go on and on about under achieving players that fill the roster.

As always, I will take a "wait and see" approach to the 2009 season.

It would appear we should be comparing the Bills to the New York Jets or Cleveland Browns.

The New England Patriots are a cut above them all, and the comparison is unfair in my opinion!

I refuse to become "Patriotized" with unrealistic goals and then pay the price in frustration when the team falls short of its goal to unseat the New England Patriots as the team to beat in 2009

I want a vastly IMPROVED Buffalo Bills team, if not.......its time for a change!

-DieHard 1967

1. There will be at least 11 non-Patriots teams to make the playoffs this year. We ask to be one of them.

2. In the fourth year of the Jauron era, this is the time for results, not "semi-rebuilding."

That is all we ask.

I ask for considerable improvement, period!

The way I see it, this is the number one problem in Buffalo, fans comparing a young semi rebuilding team to a veteran powerhouse with superior coaching.

How long should a fanbase reasonably expect their team to take to rebuild? We've seen it done in as little as one season, and we've seen teams address it over the long haul. Atlanta and Miami rebuilt and won after completely nuking their on and off-field personnel.

The AFC is much tougher than the NFC, which leaves bubble teams like Buffalo out in the cold. They may need to go 11-5 just to make the playoffs. Then again, after three seasons and four off-seasons, shouldn't they be there by now?

How long should a fanbase reasonably expect their team to take to rebuild? We've seen it done in as little as one season, and we've seen teams address it over the long haul. Atlanta and Miami rebuilt and won after completely nuking their on and off-field personnel.

The AFC is much tougher than the NFC, which leaves bubble teams like Buffalo out in the cold. They may need to go 11-5 just to make the playoffs. Then again, after three seasons and four off-seasons, shouldn't they be there by now?

I believe the Bills made some mistakes during the rebuilding process, but you are right, anything can happen.

I will wait and hope!

I am going out tonight to watch the game at a bar loaded with Pittsburgh fans,wish me well!

This is MY problem with the fan base.....

We may not be as good......they may be as good or better then us on paper in every area.......but I am sick of seeing everyone walking around like the Patriots are this big bad bully that you have no chance of beating and pissing their pants ever time he gets close and gives a dirty look.

I say......lets fight these sons a bitches HARD and even if we lose game 1 we are spitting in their face and telling them how we are going to beat them the next time.......utterly defiant.....not openly submissive!

Then......we get ready for week 2............

We may not be as good......they may be as good or better then us on paper in every area.......but I am sick of seeing everyone walking around like the Patriots are this big bad bully that you have no chance of beating and pissing their pants ever time he gets close and gives a dirty look.

I say......lets fight these sons a bitches HARD and even if we lose game 1 we are spitting in their face and telling them how we are going to beat them the next time.......utterly defiant.....not openly submissive!

NE* without Brady is not that intimidating. All it takes is one good hit. Learn from Wilfork and Losman how it is done. All I can say is I'm glad Rex Ryan is in our division now. He learned what football is about from his dad (bounties on QB's, etc.). DJ is a total wuss and out team is a bunch of wusses to let the cheaters* keep their QB healthy after all they have done to steal wins from us and deliberately injure our QB. We need more character on our team that refuses to let another team intimidate us and we need to dish out more than we receive, such as Wilfork/Losman vs. our D and Brady.

Perhaps you watched The Patriots-Redskins game last night and it became painfully obvious that the Bills are not in the same class as the Superbowl runner up of two years ago when the team finished the season 18-0 before losing to the New York Giants.

Like it or not, The Patriots are Lamborghini and the Bills, a Chevrolet Impala.

So what are the fans asking from the 2009 Buffalo Bills

#1 Trent Edwards should "Somehow" play as well as Tom Brady?

#2 Buffalo's rebuilt Offensive line should play as well as New Englands?

#3 Dick Jauron can "Somehow" out coach Bill Billechick?

#4 A rookie DE/ LB will somehow reach double digits and improve an already poor pass rush.

Fans in Buffalo, on every Bills website REFUSE to except anything less then the playoffs or heads will roll!

We need to look back at the last 4 drafts and realize most of the players we drafted are not what we expected.

John McCargo is fighting to just stay on the team

Poz is not the dominate LB we hoped he would be!

James Hardy is nowhere near ready to step in!

Edwards is a 3rd round selection, and it appears his play to date, reflects that.

We could go on and on about under achieving players that fill the roster.

As always, I will take a "wait and see" approach to the 2009 season.

It would appear we should be comparing the Bills to the New York Jets or Cleveland Browns.

The New England Patriots are a cut above them all, and the comparison is unfair in my opinion!

I refuse to become "Patriotized" with unrealistic goals and then pay the price in frustration when the team falls short of its goal to unseat the New England Patriots as the team to beat in 2009

I want a vastly IMPROVED Buffalo Bills team, if not.......its time for a change!

-DieHard 1967

[/Not me! I refuse to lick the Patriots spikes. I am not going to be happy unless we whip their butts.

This is pro football. Everyone of these players has the talent to make the plays they need to make to win

Too bad we don't play the games.

The fan base? You're describing the team.