Free DVD/CD burning software?

Just Jack

I want to back up some files (photos, video, word, excel, etc) to some blank DVD's. What is a good, and free, software to do that? I don't need anything fancy, I just want to basically select the files and folders from My Documents and put them on the DVD.

a few people suggested ashampoo to me a couple weeks ago...so far no complaints, although i have only done Audio CD's to date

I want to back up some files (photos, video, word, excel, etc) to some blank DVD's. What is a good, and free, software to do that? I don't need anything fancy, I just want to basically select the files and folders from My Documents and put them on the DVD.

The two they have on their site cost $$.

If you decide to get the full blown pay version, do NOT pay full price. I've noticed that the Ashampoo folks like to send out deals every couple of days. The most recent one was the Burning Studio 9 for $20. I've never used it (the free one does exactly what I want), but just FYI in case you were looking.

Got it, thanks.

If you decide to get the full blown pay version, do NOT pay full price. I've noticed that the Ashampoo folks like to send out deals every couple of days. The most recent one was the Burning Studio 9 for $20. I've never used it (the free one does exactly what I want), but just FYI in case you were looking.

Nope, I was looking for free, can't see paying money just to make backups of my files. Don't need no full blown software package for that.

Nero has recently started a free version of their burning software:

linky

same here....was always a nero fan, but ashampoo is doing the trick for me...i am just glad i used my seldom used gmail account...they do send alot of offer emails :devil:

I would've been all over that if it had been available earlier... Now Ashampoo wins, despite their constant spam offers for their software. :sick: