I'm Sitting and Waiting On Death Row Waiting For The Water To Boil

Steely Dan

I don't like my lobster to have a slight rubber banded taste. :rolleyes: Geez, you're wimpier than me. I may use tongs with an unbanded lobster but I'd have no trouble with a banded one. I just would never boil a lobster with the bands still on.

You don't get any rubber band taste. It's not like the latex taste you always have in your mouth.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from Wegmans where live lobsters were on sale for 6.99/lb. I picked up one 1pd. lobster and I have determined that he shall receive the death penalty. Crime; being delicious. His bio card also said he was aquitted of killing his wife and a waiter but he lost the civil trial. So that makes it easier to do.

I've always had lobster at restaurants and I realized that I had to kill one myself in order to not be a hypocrite. So as the water heats up so does his final minutes on earth, and a trip to my tummy.

How was it , killer ?

:rolleyes:

No desire to buy the female lobster?

Actually the female's are the best. The tails are larger (that's where they lay their eggs) and of course when your talking lobsters the bigger the tail the better. So make sure your lobster's got back.

Regarding having all my fingers, yes I have them all. I've done more damage to my fingers over the years than any lobster could. It's very easy to grab a lobster and not get pinched by the claws.

Where do you stick the knife? They have all that protective shell and what temperature and time is necessary. Do you mean get them high?

They have a line straight up the back. (I always do this without the rubberbands. Give the lobster a fighting chance.) Stick the knife at the line where the body ends & the tail starts (sharp end facing the head). Push the knife all the way through, then shove the knife down so that it cuts through all the way to the head. Flip him around and finish the job on the tail. You'll have a couple spots you have to saw through.

Remove the stomach, heart & digestive track.

Take a couple cups of breadcrumbs, add more melted butter than you think you'll need and mix them together. You want a stick consistency. Then add some bay scallops.

Lay the lobster out so that the feet are facing up (both sides pushed together on the baking sheet so that you have a nice "V". Fill the cavity with the breadcrumb mixture.

Fixed Link

Baking time will depend on size. For a chicken lobster I would recommend a 400 oven for 15 minutes. Check the tail meat to make sure it's done, if not give it a couple more minutes.

Couple lobster fun facts...(no snarky comments to the first) Take your hand and make a fist. Vigorously rub your fist up and down the lobster's back from head to where the tail section begins. You will put him/her to 'sleep'. (this is where the big cat would take advantage of the lobster) You can then handle them more easily, especially if you're squeemish about the knife.

Second--as Chef said...the females are without a doube the best. Not only because of the tail meat (that sounds dirty) but because of the roe. It is very delicious, but it must be a dark green color...if it is light green or yellowish throw it out when you're cleaning the lobster prior to cooking. It will turn bright red as the lobster cooks. If it isn't red after cooking remove it, don't eat it.

To tell the difference in sexes (of lobsters)...turn them over...right around the point where the tail begins are two appendages. On a male they will be 'prominent' and a bit thick. On a female they are much thinner, almost feathery. Check them at the market so that you are sure you are getting a female when you make your purchase.

They have a line straight up the back. (I always do this without the rubberbands. Give the lobster a fighting chance.) Stick the knife at the line where the body ends & the tail starts (sharp end facing the head). Push the knife all the way through, then shove the knife down so that it cuts through all the way to the head. Flip him around and finish the job on the tail. You'll have a couple spots you have to saw through.

Remove the stomach, heart & digestive track.

Take a couple cups of breadcrumbs, add more melted butter than you think you'll need and mix them together. You want a stick consistency. Then add some bay scallops.

Lay the lobster out so that the feet are facing up (both sides pushed together on the baking sheet so that you have a nice "V". Fill the cavity with the breadcrumb mixture.

link

Baking time will depend on size. For a chicken lobster I would recommend a 400 oven for 15 minutes. Check the tail meat to make sure it's done, if not give it a couple more minutes.

Couple lobster fun facts...(no snarky comments to the first) Take your hand and make a fist. Vigorously rub your fist up and down the lobster's back from head to where the tail section begins. You will put him/her to 'sleep'. (this is where the big cat would take advantage of the lobster) You can then handle them more easily, especially if you're squeemish about the knife.

Second--as Chef said...the females are without a doube the best. Not only because of the tail meat (that sounds dirty) but because of the roe. It is very delicious, but it must be a dark green color...if it is light green or yellowish throw it out when you're cleaning the lobster prior to cooking. It will turn bright red as the lobster cooks. If it isn't red after cooking remove it, don't eat it.

To tell the difference in sexes (of lobsters)...turn them over...right around the point where the tail begins are two appendages. On a male they will be 'prominent' and a bit thick. On a female they are much thinner, almost feathery. Check them at the market so that you are sure you are getting a female when you make your purchase.

Thanks, but your linky no worky jerky!