Traded in clunker car for cash towards new car?

HelloNewman

I don't know whether it's true or false, but you SHOULD be taxed on a $4500 gov't handout.

Obama is at fault if it's not taxable.

but dont the dealers get the 4500 rebate plus salvage value of the clunker vehicle?

so inturn, the dealer was actually discounting the price of the new veh in return for the govt money?

but dont the dealers get the 4500 rebate plus salvage value of the clunker vehicle?

so inturn, the dealer was actually discounting the price of the new veh in return for the govt money?

:wallbash::unsure:

How many people actually over bought and were taken by the dealer. What I mean is how many people actually negotiated the price of the vehicle FIRST, then right when they were ready to sign said:

"Oh ya, I got a clunker!"

How many people actually over bought and were taken by the dealer. What I mean is how many people actually negotiated the price of the vehicle FIRST, then right when they were ready to sign said:

only the people who know how to buy a car

only the people who know how to buy a car

I once stormed (two young children in tow) out of dealer because they were "burying" 200 bucks... I could care less about the 200... Or even say 1,000... Principle was the thing. Yet, when the salesman had my keys stashed in his desk drawer (after taking the keys for the trade)... I didn't pull a Pat Kane on his ass, feeling trapped, pummel the salesman's butt. Give me credit!

:wallbash:

I once stormed (two young children in tow) out of dealer because they were "burying" 200 bucks... I could care less about the 200... Or even say 1,000... Principle was the thing. Yet, when the salesman had my keys stashed in his desk drawer (after taking the keys for the trade)... I didn't pull a Pat Kane on his ass, feeling trapped, pummel the salesman's butt. Give me credit!

:wallbash:

I used to work at a dealership and some of the guys there told me stories of how other dealerships would take customers' keys and toss them up on the roof to "lose" them, hoping to put more pressure on the customer to close the deal. That's why I always take a spare key when I go car shopping.

I checked out a Hyundai dealership in Florida a few years back and they had a $1500 trade-in fee right on the sticker. Manager said they would give me $3,000 for my trade but here they were turning right around and slapping $1500 back on. I told the manager to piss off and left.

I used to work at a dealership and some of the guys there told me stories of how other dealerships would take customers' keys and toss them up on the roof to "lose" them, hoping to put more pressure on the customer to close the deal. That's why I always take a spare key when I go car shopping.

I checked out a Hyundai dealership in Florida a few years back and they had a $1500 trade-in fee right on the sticker. Manager said they would give me $3,000 for my trade but here they were turning right around and slapping $1500 back on. I told the manager to piss off and left.

I was ever conscience of my childrne too... If I would have know what they were gonna do after they looked at my trade... I would have had the children trash the place and eat all the free popcorn!

They really rubbed me the wrong way!

I was trapped... I should have beat them! :unsure::lol:

You know how I got them to get me the keys? I said I was leaving and gonna "push start" (neutral, push, and pop it into first) the vehicle... I didn't care if the steering column was still locked... I will hit whatever I hit. :wallbash:

Probably zero - no different than when they have a normal trade in situation. Only thing that is worse is when people allow dealers to set up arrangements against a preferred loan payment amount. Now that is a really stupid approach on the part of the buyer as then the dealer has all kinds of ways to make more money on the "deal."