Girl walks into police station 18 years after kidnapping

Beerball

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nun in full black habit is walking past a bar when a drunk stumbles out, sees her, and punches her square in the nose. Before she can scream, he lands a sloppy one-two and an uppercut. When she goes down, he starts kicking her with his scuffed business shoes. As a crowd gathers, the drunk stops, staggers back, and slurs, "You're not so tough, Batman!"

This is out here in the SF Bay area. They lived in Antioch, which was rural until about 5-10 years ago. Then it exploded in population. The main drags are now all built up with plazas and there are many new subdivisions. Sometimes right next to them are old farms. They could have been on one of those.

Heard on the local radio just now that it was part of the unincorporated area (country).

come on...its been 18 years.......OH NO I DI'INT :lol:

actually if you just look at the thread...my first thought was "A baby harp seal walks into a club" type of joke.....I am glad this has ended the way it apparently has....I don't think Chef had any ill intent...I know I didn't.

and that o'reilly link was kind of lame...there were no lies or hypocracies as the poster of the video titled it...o'reilly's initial reaction was to reject the stockholm syndrome..in his opinion....when the report revealed what the fbi investigation found...he was appalled at what the outcome was....the poster of that video simply has his/her panties in a wad over o'reilly and wanted to bash him.....

:lol::lol:

He actually said he thinks the kid liked it. That's the main thing. And if you want to call it Stockholm Syndrome or something else it's a fine line of semantics IMO. Fear of the captor and sympathy for the captor still keep the person around. It is not because they like it. He also never admits to being wrong or apologizing to the family.

This reminds me a bit of the case of the girl in Salt Lake City who was kidnapped from her bedroom a few years back...but that was a few months. This was 18 years...wow.

That was Elizabeth Smart who was found nine months later.

This is why there is more freedom now than we ever had. Some things are better today and some things are not... This is one of them that is not and ONLY getting worse with passing time and technology:

Neighbor Diane Doty said she could see the tents and often heard children playing in the backyard, the corner of which abuts her own backyard. She said she even suspected the children lived in the tents, but her husband said she should leave the family alone.

"I asked my husband, 'Why is he living in tents?'" she said. "And he said, 'Maybe that is how they like to live.'"

People now don't really know their neighbors... And when they do, they want no part of them.

And no, she shouldn't have left the "family alone." She should have been pulling a Gladys Kravitz on their ass, the case would have been solved in 1 day.

And for all that are too young to remember that fictional character (Gladys Kravitz), here is a run down:

Gladys Kravitz is a fictional character on the American situation comedy Bewitched (1964-1972). Portrayed by Alice Pearce from the show's premiere in 1964 until Pearce's death in 1966 and then by Sandra Gould from 1966 until her last appearance in 1971, Gladys Kravitz is an across-the-street neighbor of the program's protagonists, Darrin Stephens (played by Dick York from 1964 to 1969 and Dick Sargent from 1969 until 1972) and his wife, witch Samantha Stephens (Elizabeth Montgomery).

Kravitz is extremely nosy, frequently peeking through her curtains at the Stephens' home. She is convinced that there is something strange going on in their household (and indeed there is, for Samantha Stephens often uses witchcraft that creates unusual events, and the Stephens' witch-and-warlock relatives come and go from the house), although she can never adequately prove her assertions to her husband Abner (George Tobias).

This is why there is more freedom now than we ever had. Some things are better today and some things are not... This is one of them that is not and ONLY getting worse with passing time and technology:

Neighbor Diane Doty said she could see the tents and often heard children playing in the backyard, the corner of which abuts her own backyard. She said she even suspected the children lived in the tents, but her husband said she should leave the family alone.

"I asked my husband, 'Why is he living in tents?'" she said. "And he said, 'Maybe that is how they like to live.'"

People now don't really know their neighbors... And when they do, they want no part of them.

And no, she shouldn't have left the "family alone." She should have been pulling a Gladys Kravitz on their ass, the case would have been solved in 1 day.

I saw the neighbor on the local 7AM news. She isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

This is also another sad part:

Dugard's stepfather, who witnessed her abduction and was a longtime suspect in the case, said he was overwhelmed by the news after doing everything he could to help find her.

"It broke my marriage up. I've gone through hell, I mean I'm a suspect up until yesterday," a tearful Carl Probyn, 60, told The Associated Press at his home in Orange, Calif.

I saw the neighbor on the local 7AM news. She isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

That doesn't help. I do blame her husdand more than the lady. Her hunch was right... One doesn't even have to be nosy in an outward fashion... Just check to see if they go to school and come and go from the house.

I for one have always been under the belief that they should have tried the whole German people for what happened to the Jews in WWII, if anything try them for being clueless, spineless, or whatever.

Always go on your hunch... ESPECIALLY a woman's gut instinct.

Now granted, of course these neighbors are not totally the problem or should be found at fault... But, there should be a stupid neighnor rap.

That doesn't help. I do blame her husdand more than the lady. Her hunch was right... One doesn't even have to be nosy in an outward fashion... Just check to see if they go to school and come and go from the house.

I for one have always been under the belief that they should have tried the whole German people for what happened to the Jews in WWII, if anything try them for being clueless, spineless, or whatever.

Always go on your hunch... ESPECIALLY a woman's gut instinct.

Now granted, of course these neighbors are not totally the problem or should be found at fault... But, there should be a stupid neighnor rap.

The German thing aside as that is a whole other issue (for what it is worth I understand your point on this).

Back to the primary topic of this thread though - I find it hard to believe that for 18 years the neighbors (husband specifically) were clueless to what what was happening next door. If I am unfortunate enough to end up living to a pscho sex offender you better believe my sense of suspicion is at a very high level. The fact that there were kids there at all would cause me to question the freak.

This situation is just sick.

You also have to wonder when more facts start surfacing if there are not others who had suspicions. How in the world can you hide something like this for 18 years?

The German thing aside as that is a whole other issue (for what it is worth I understand your point on this).

Back to the primary topic of this thread though - I find it hard to believe that for 18 years the neighbors (husband specifically) were clueless to what what was happening next door. If I am unfortunate enough to end up living to a pscho sex offender you better believe my sense of suspicion is at a very high level. The fact that there were kids there at all would cause me to question the freak.

This situation is just sick.

You also have to wonder when more facts start surfacing if there are not others who had suspicions. How in the world can you hide something like this for 18 years?

I agree BB... I am just having a really time understanding this... 18 years? In a suburb? And everybody is making excuses, even the parole officer. As a parole officer, you think there would be a right to do a search of everything where a person lived... That means arial, earth and all kinds of other tech... Especially a sex offender... Didn't we just read about his type of thing in Europe (I think Austria) with a bad, bad dude!

And ya, the German thing was a reach... But still.

How can these neighbors live with themselves?

:lol::lol:

This is also another sad part:

Dugard's stepfather, who witnessed her abduction and was a longtime suspect in the case, said he was overwhelmed by the news after doing everything he could to help find her.

"It broke my marriage up. I've gone through hell, I mean I'm a suspect up until yesterday," a tearful Carl Probyn, 60, told The Associated Press at his home in Orange, Calif.

I heard from someone who knows a cop out there that the police were 100% certain the stepfather had killed and buried her but they couldn't get enough evidence. That poor guy did everything he could to stop it and his composite of the woman is uncanny.