I love this story so much I want to marry it

MattyT

While leaving, Ponder allegedly dropped his proceeds. He collected most of the items, but left behind the robbery note, which was written on the opposite side of a traffic ticket he had recently received for an equipment violation, VanNostrand said.

The ticket contained Ponder’s name, date of birth and address and led officers straight to him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man accused of robbing bank, dropping note with is name on it

Begs the questions .... wtf were you thinking??

How can you be that stupid?

Reminds me of some idiot that robbed the M&T branch my cousin's wife managed - the brilliant robber walked down the street to another bank and tried to open up an account with his proceeds from the crime :lol::lol:

I got that beat.

Years ago, when my wife managed a bank, she was training a new teller. "Never, under any circimstances," she tells the new teller, "disburse any money from your drawer to anyone without getting ID."

Teller's third day on the job, a bank robber walks to her window and demands the contents of her drawer...

"Okay, can I see some ID."

"What? No! I'm robbing you. Give me the money."

"I can't give you the money without seeing ID."

"Damn it, just give me the money!"

"If I give you the money without seeing ID, I'll get fired. My manager said so. I need to see ID before I can give out any money from my drawer."

So this brand-new teller, three days on the job, talks the bank robber into handing over his driver's license. Teller takes it, photocopies it, gives it back to the robber with the cash in her drawer. Police show up an hour later at the address on the driver's license and arrest the guy, who's got the money laying on the kitchen table.

True story.

My wife and her bank are also the reason dye packs are required to have a warning "Caution: Explosive. Dye is permanent. Do not place in pants."

I got that beat.

Years ago, when my wife managed a bank, she was training a new teller. "Never, under any circimstances," she tells the new teller, "disburse any money from your drawer to anyone without getting ID."

Teller's third day on the job, a bank robber walks to her window and demands the contents of her drawer...

"If I give you the money without seeing ID, I'll get fired. My manager said so. I need to see ID before I can give out any money from my drawer."

So this brand-new teller, three days on the job, talks the bank robber into handing over his driver's license. Teller takes it, photocopies it, gives it back to the robber with the cash in her drawer. Police show up an hour later at the address on the driver's license and arrest the guy, who's got the money laying on the kitchen table.

True story.

My wife and her bank are also the reason dye packs are required to have a warning "Caution: Explosive. Dye is permanent. Do not place in pants."

That is so dumb it's !@#$ing brilliant. She took the time to photo copy his driver license while he's robbing her. :lol:

I think you picked the wrong story to tell.

Bank robber robs her bank branch. Bank robber stuffs money - with dye pack - down pants. Dye pack explodes. Bank robber burned and dyed bright orange from the waist down.

Bank robber caught, convicted, gets 20 years...and sues bank for $3M, citing "cruel and unusual punishment" because he's now permanently disfigured (i.e. "every woman I ever have sex with from now on will know I was convicted of bank robbery, because my balls are bright orange." (yes, "permanent" dye means PERMANENT)). Bank robber wins $3M...because court somehow missed the fact that he never would have been disfigured if he HADN'T ROBBED A BANK AND STUFFED THE DYE PACK DOWN HIS PANTS.

So now, because of that, dye packs must carry a "do not place in pants" warning. :lol:

Yeah, somebody else started a thread on this earlier. It's social Darwinism. Hopefully he'll be put away long enough to miss reproducing.

I got that beat.

True story.

I'm more curious about that. :lol:

Bank robber robs her bank branch. Bank robber stuffs money - with dye pack - down pants. Dye pack explodes. Bank robber burned and dyed bright orange from the waist down.

Bank robber caught, convicted, gets 20 years...and sues bank for $3M, citing "cruel and unusual punishment" because he's now permanently disfigured (i.e. "every woman I ever have sex with from now on will know I was convicted of bank robbery, because my balls are bright orange." (yes, "permanent" dye means PERMANENT)). Bank robber wins $3M...because court somehow missed the fact that he never would have been disfigured if he HADN'T ROBBED A BANK AND STUFFED THE DYE PACK DOWN HIS PANTS.

So now, because of that, dye packs must carry a "do not place in pants" warning. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Who the eff are on these juries!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Who the eff are on these juries!!

It's pretty black-and-white constitutional law: he was forced to suffer punishment above and beyond what the judge and jury determined in his criminal case, which violates two legal principles of our country. The law, apparently, does not take "proximate cause" - robbing a frickin' bank - into consideration.

Basically, there's absolutely no principle of law that says that something that happens during the commission of a crime is the responsibility of the criminal, even if that something wouldn't have happened if the crime hadn't been committed. There should be such a principle, but there isn't. If you rob a bank, and on the way out trip over a folded carpet in the foyer and break your leg, you can sue the bank for causing the injury by not repairing an unsafe condition...even if you folded the carpet to begin with. And you would almost certainly win.

I am almost tempted to rob a bank to see if this schit is for real :lol::lol: