Preferential Treatment of TO?

GG

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he stays distraction-free, performs on the field and doesn't blow up on anyone, I don't care what he does. It'd be all good with me.

But then again, that's a lot to ask of TO, lol.

This is where I disagree about TO and I know most people are like you and are afraid of this.

This team has been so laid back and uncaring whether they win or lose for so long, its become ingrained in them that it's no big deal to lose. I want TO to rip the sh*t out of the players and/or coaches if they continue to perform like they usually do. This team needs emotion, that's what I'm hoping TO brings with him...the desire to win and be the best.

This is where I disagree about TO and I know most people are like you and are afraid of this.

This team has been so laid back and uncaring whether they win or lose for so long, its become ingrained in them that it's no big deal to lose. I want TO to rip the sh*t out of the players and/or coaches if they continue to perform like they usually do. This team needs emotion, that's what I'm hoping TO brings with him...the desire to win and be the best.

Completely agree with this statement

I 100% agree with you. I'm sick of this group acting like a bunch of nancies and accepting failure

To reiterate the point, which many are missing.

It's not whether the Bills are doing the right or wrong to treat TO's injury, it's how his treatment and handling is perceived by the rest of the team. Athletes are human, and resentment does set in among the players when someone gets preferential treatment.

Don't use Bruce Smith in Buffalo as an example, but look at Michael Jordan as a Wizard, or Magic's second stint with the Lakers. Or how about the warm welcome Saint Brett is now getting in Minny.

I really think you are grasping at straws trying to make this look like special treatment for TO. There are probably plenty of other instances of it, but I just don't think this is one. The main reason is because he has an injury and the other injured players were indoors with him. If he were uninjured but was allowed to stay indoors while everyone else was out in the rain, that would be preferential treatment. This, to me, seems like common practice. Injuired players work out no the side with trainers while the rest of the uninjured players practice as they normally would, whether indoors or out.

This is really a non-story.