Duke Preston

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What were your expectations for a very good Pro Bowl DT?

He'd been injured for a couple of years and had not played well.

That he was able to come bacik into good form and play in every game, was a very pleasant surprise.

Usually with the Bills luck it goes the other way, the seemingly washed up guy IS washed up.

With the exception of the fact he's been in the league twice as long and probably started twice as many games, they're the same? :unsure:

That's like saying if you take away T.O.'s receptions and touchdowns, he's the same as Lee Evans.

He's been in the league for eight years, which for a lineman means he is most likely on the downside of his career. He was a starter for some pretty bad Miami teams in 04-05 and half a season in Cleveland in 07. He was a backup for Cleveland last year. So yeah, that's just like saying Lee Evans is like TO (if TO had been a backup for the Browns last season....)

http://www.nfl.com/players/sethmckinney/profile?id=MCK507237

He's been in the league for eight years, which for a lineman means he is most likely on the downside of his career. He was a starter for some pretty bad Miami teams in 04-05 and half a season in Cleveland in 07. He was a backup for Cleveland last year. So yeah, that's just like saying Lee Evans is like TO (if TO had been a backup for the Browns last season....)

http://www.nfl.com/players/sethmckinney/profile?id=MCK507237

"Whats wrong with being a backup?"

Regards,

Every Bills FA signing the past 5 years

Marshawn Lynch

Fred Jackson

Trent Edwards (3rd round QB pick, entering only 3rd year)

McKelvin

Stevie Jackson

Poz

Marcus Stroud

Kyle Williams

I understand what you are saying, but all the above players are contributing pretty well when draft position is taken into consideration.

Please, someone on this board name 1 player on the Bills (drafted or signed as a FA during Jauron's tenure) that has reached a level of play that meets the best expectations for that player. There are few if any. These coaches can develop anything that is above average. I can think of only one, Fred Jackson. Maybe Bryan Scott on defense.

Imagine if you will this all star lineup:

First String: Geoff HangOut in the Backfield

Second String: Melvin the scholar of suck Fowler

Third String: Duke Press Me into the QB

They would be unstoppable!

maybe we can combine them into one huge O-llineman...like Voltron

Another Modrak pick... out of the NFL forever (likely)

This happens very often with his picks, IE Mike WIlliams/JP Losman, and soo to be John McCargo. And those were first round picks. Please try and tell me the average poster here couldn't draft better than this bumb, at least in the first round or two.

PS To make matters worse, Preston was taken just two picks before center Jason Brown.

Just think how sad it was that he beat out our starting center last year mid season. What does that say about the quality of the players we had on our roster at the time.

Yep. I'll be surprized if Dockery isn't kicked to the curb in DC as well. If he isn't, they won't compete, IMO.

At least the FO recognized the utter failure and changed 'em out. We'll know soon enough if the changes work.