I-phone

dib

My razr was stolen, I washed my samsung, I have a POS replacement phone until October. I'm thinking I-phone. Anybody have the yea/nay, nuts and bolts on the I phone. I invite your advice/opinions

My razr was stolen, I washed my samsung, I have a POS replacement phone until October. I'm thinking I-phone. Anybody have the yea/nay, nuts and bolts on the I phone. I invite your advice/opinions

tell your chick-o-the-day to move her hands and I'll give you a full report.

From posting on TBD, to watching MLB games, unlimited internet access, streaming WGR through Flycast, Fantasy Football Draftkit, enhanced google maps feature (works much like a GPS), not to mention it's an ipod as well; I can't rave enough about my phone. I'm almost pissed I bought a laptop, as my iphone has relegated it nearly useless. :unsure:

From posting on TBD, to watching MLB games, unlimited internet access, streaming WGR through Flycast, Fantasy Football Draftkit, enhanced google maps feature (works much like a GPS), not to mention it's an ipod as well; I can't rave enough about my phone. I'm almost pissed I bought a laptop, as my iphone has relegated it nearly useless. :unsure:

...plus tagging music you don't know the name of through Shazam, streaming Pandora internet radio, weather channel app, movie showtimes and reviews, ESPN scorecenter, youtube, unlimited number of games of all kinds, etc etc.

So yes, I would recommend the iPhone. I love it, except for the battery life which was posted before. It lasts about one full day, depending on how much you use it.

I carry BB for work and do not have an i-phone. I have never heard a complaint from anyone that has one. Some say touch screen takes some getting used to. Closest thing to a complaint that I have heard is that it does not synch well with outlook - something a bb is very strong at.

I carry BB for work and do not have an i-phone. I have never heard a complaint from anyone that has one. Some say touch screen takes some getting used to. Closest thing to a complaint that I have heard is that it does not synch well with outlook - something a bb is very strong at.

No troubles syncing with Outlook here. They addressed that in an update over a year ago.

Biggest issue is battery life. It blows.

Mossberg has a Blackberry vs. iPhone comparison in the Wall Street Journal today. Some people thought they hated the (non) keyboard and then eventually got used to it. I have no trouble with it. iPhone seemed to win across the board in the comparison with the battery being its biggest flaw.

I can't get an iPhone because AT&T has terrible coverage where I live. So I bought an iPod Touch which is everything but the phone and camera. I can't rave about it enough. The app store is what makes it amazing. As for the virtual keyboard I think it works great. It even "assumes" what word you meant when you misspell a word. (Correct about 80-90% of the time.)

PTR

Lots of cool apps for it but I't's kinda big and the battery seems to drain quick.
So yes, I would recommend the iPhone. I love it, except for the battery life which was posted before.
Biggest issue is battery life. It blows.

I over came the battery issue with this. If you have an auxilary port in your car stereo, you can hook up the iPhone for streaming, Pandora, Flycast not to mention I can speak into my phone through the microphone in the molding in my windshield and hear the call through the speakers. It's awesome.

I over came the battery issue with this. If you have an auxilary port in your car stereo, you can hook up the iPhone for streaming, Pandora, Flycast not to mention I can speak into my phone through the microphone in the molding in my windshield and hear the call through the speakers. It's awesome.

That charger is a gargantuan nightmare!

I have no trouble keeping the iPhone charged in the car. There are obviously car chargers out the ass. The issue is when I'm out walking around or god forbid, having a day of air travel. You can watch the battery drain before your eyes. Of course, part of the problem is that I want to be on it so much on those days that it drains faster.

That charger is a gargantuan nightmare!

Fits in my tiny Solstice quite nicely! I do get the battery thing. If I didn't drive for a few hours most nights, charging would be an issue. I also keep a USB iPhone cord in my work desk and charge it for a few hours at work. It takes a little effort, but I can make it work.

I've got the iTouch and i'll agree with everyone above. Great little device, and i'd recommend it to anyone. As was said above, the onyl issue is battery life, which can get pretty short when you are using apps all day. But, as John Adams said, its not usually an issue unless you're looking at a day of traveling, etc.

but be careful, iphones can blow up!

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/55962

My biggest issue with the iphone is that it can't multi task. I have the (Sprint Version) of the HTC Touch Pro. It's Windows Mobile so you will have some Window-esque issues from time to time, but it multi tasks great, has a slide out keyboard, beautiful screen and the touch screen is really good.

Battery life has improved greatly over the last version and for $99/month with Sprint, you get unlimited everything, including a great nav system that I couldn't live without on the road.