RIP Ted Kennedy

Buftex

I don't know but one could think that going through a stop sign in broad daylight and just happening to kill an ex-boyfriend is a little more mens rea than drunk driving off a tricky bridge at night and not being able to rescue a passenger in a back seat. But hey, we can all have our opinions. As I said, I'd give them both the benefit of the doubt.

Wow - you are a total douchebag.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all should pick up Teddy's children's book in his honor:

My Senator and Me: A Dog's Eye View of Washington, D.C.

http://www.amazon.com/My-Senator-Me-Dogs-W...n/dp/0439650771

Grade 1-5–Kennedy's introduction to the political process is clear, informative, and loaded with child appeal, in part due to the choice of narrator: his Portuguese Water Dog, Splash.

I don't know but one could think that going through a stop sign in broad daylight and just happening to kill an ex-boyfriend is a little more mens rea than drunk driving off a tricky bridge at night and not being able to rescue a passenger in a back seat. But hey, we can all have our opinions. As I said, I'd give them both the benefit of the doubt.

(according to the link you linked it was night)

It's preseason! Everyone calm down! :o

Seriously, sorry I said anything before that may have offended some.

This place can be pretty unbearable sometimes with trolls, rumor starters, et al, but the last thing we need is poster-on-poster crime!

It's preseason! Everyone calm down! :o

Seriously, sorry I said anything before that may have offended some.

This place can be pretty unbearable sometimes with trolls, rumor starters, et al, but the last thing we need is poster-on-poster crime!

I don't know, we could actually use a thinning of the herd.

Takes one to know one? Just asking. :o

I don't know. Maybe? I've never womanized, cheated on college exams, concealed any culpability in an act of manslaughter, swindled hard-earning taxpayers of their money for decades, or generally expected the world to bend over backwards for me because of my pedigree. But, yes, I have once refused to commemorate the death of a pompous politician on an internet message board.

Why do you even care what little old me thinks of your decomposing hero? And is your posthumous respect for Teddy even noble? Are you willing to bestow the same level of respect for political as$holes on the other side (Bush, Cheney, etc.) when their time comes?

I don't know. Maybe? I've never womanized, cheated on college exams, concealed any culpability in an act of manslaughter, swindled hard-earning taxpayers of their money for decades, or generally expected the world to bend over backwards for me because of my pedigree. But, yes, I have once refused to commemorate the death of a pompous politician on an internet message board.

Why do you even care what little old me thinks of your decomposing hero? Is your posthumous respect for Teddy truly noble? Are you willing to bestow the same level of respect for political as$holes on the other side (Bush, Cheney, etc.) when their time comes?

I, for one, will be duly respectful when Bush and Cheney pass away, and it really can't be too soon.

I, for one, will be duly respectful when Bush and Cheney pass away, and it really can't be too soon.

Lemme get this straight...you're going to be respectful when Bush and Cheney die. But IMMEDIATELY after you make that statement, you say that you want them to die soon. Way to prove you aren't partisan.

Lemme get this straight...you're going to be respectful when Bush and Cheney die. But IMMEDIATELY after you make that statement, you say that you want them to die soon. Way to prove you aren't partisan.

well...I guess I'm just anxious to give them the recognition they deserve. :o

Excellent point, but it seems as though he isn't very concerned with any attempts at proving that part.

...than drunk driving off a tricky bridge at night and not being able to rescue a passenger in a back seat....

The water was so shallow that the overturned Olds had its rear end and part of therear tires out of the water. The water was likely less than 6 feet deep. On his drunken stroll back to the compound, he passed a volunteer firehouse that had a phone outside that was answered 24/7 under a light. Why didn't he report it immediately at the compound that night?

Scum.