OK, whats the real deal with Avi Ben Stella?????

The Poojer

anyone, especially those that use facebook or twitter may be seeing alot of people sending prayers to him/her....snopes isn't able to confirm or deny the story.....google is no help....i am certain someone in this braintrust will be able to get to the bottom of it.....

Prayers needed for 12yr old Avi Ben Stella who, after a serious car crash, is now in a critical coma. Pls. change your status for 1 hr so more people can become aware and add to the prayers. We would do it for... your son, pls. do this for somebody else's son. Thank you

answered my own question....beware

enough searching leads you to malware and bad things

anyone, especially those that use facebook or twitter may be seeing alot of people sending prayers to him/her....snopes isn't able to confirm or deny the story.....google is no help....i am certain someone in this braintrust will be able to get to the bottom of it.....

this one didn't have anything on snopes for a while...they couldn't figure out the validity or lack thereof...it was driving me crazy...it is amazing how people run with it though...i saw it at least 3 times on facebook where people requested you change your status for about an hour to get the word out....almost as if it was an amber alert

Has there ever been an internet circulated story that wasn't 100% bullsh--?

this one didn't have anything on snopes for a while...they couldn't figure out the validity or lack thereof...it was driving me crazy...it is amazing how people run with it though...i saw it at least 3 times on facebook where people requested you change your status for about an hour to get the word out....almost as if it was an amber alert

Actually, it's apparenlty true. Kids name was Avi Amenov, and he died in a car crash.

EDIT: Updated Snopes link

then why does Snopes have a big "FALSE" on the page?

and a quick google search leads to this "Examiner" story again about some virus trying to install itself....but with also some information on this Avi person

http://www.examiner.com/x-16813-Legal-News...hild-in-trouble

Actually, it's apparenlty true. Kids name was Avi Amenov, and he died in a car crash.

EDIT: Updated Snopes link

then why does Snopes have a big "FALSE" on the page?

and a quick google search leads to this "Examiner" story again about some virus trying to install itself....but with also some information on this Avi person

I assume because he's not in a coma. He WAS in a coma for a few days, but he's dead now. I guess when I said "it's true" I meant that it was based in truth. It was a real story, and I imagine the request for prayers was real at one time, but people are still spreading it around even though it's over.

edit: Anyway, I haven't seen any of these emails or facebook updates with links, so I'm not sure what virus they're talking about.