Fred Jackson leaves practice with injury

cmjoyce113

Not in medical terms. The wrist is 'proximal' to the thumb relative to the anatomic position.

Look it up, Thurman.

GO BILLS!!!

Ahh proximal / distal, anterior / posterior, etc. Remember that from comparitive vertibrate anatomy in undergrad (~3 years ago). Who says that heavy drinking kills brain cells! :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh proximal / distal, anterior / posterior, etc. Remember that from comparitive vertibrate anatomy in undergrad (~3 years ago). Who says that heavy drinking kills brain cells! :)

It only kills those cells distal to the medulla oblongata. Relative to the anatomical position, of course.

So you see, we have PLENTY of cells to spare.

GO BILLS!!!

Is there a doctor in the house?!!!

Sorry, Kell, I just can't stop laughing for some reason. I have this image of you holding your hand up in front of your face and thinking, "How can my thumb NOT be above my wrist."

GO BILLS!!!

Rubes, we need a consult, stat!!!!

D'oh! I think I ignored this thread once I heard his injury wasn't too bad. What'd I miss?

Not in medical terms. The wrist is 'proximal' to the thumb relative to the anatomic position.

Look it up, Thurman.

What, you mean this? Yes, he's right, the wrist is proximal to the thumb. "Above" and "below" are not technical terms, so we don't really use that in describing relative positions.