Willis on Drew

Peter

Q: What was the locker room like when Drew Bledsoe was taking so many shots from the public?

WM: There was total support for him. I really don't get into the newspapers and get into all of that hype. They don't know what it takes to go out there and do his job. I don't think anyone of them can come up there and try to throw the ball, make the correct reads and call the right plays in certain situations.

From WM conference call with New England media. Linked on TBD

Q: What was the locker room like when Drew Bledsoe was taking so many shots from the public?

WM: There was total support for him. I really don't get into the newspapers and get into all of that hype. They don't know what it takes to go out there and do his job. I don't think anyone of them can come up there and try to throw the ball, make the correct reads and call the right plays in certain situations.

From WM conference call with New England media.  Linked on TBD

112025[/snapback]

That's called "lip service." I have to believe whether it has been said publicly or not I would put my money on the fact that many players are no longer thrilled with Drew but will keep PC to the press and fans.

That's called "lip service." I have to believe whether it has been said publicly or not I would put my money on the fact that many players are no longer thrilled with Drew but will keep PC to the press and fans.

112030[/snapback]

If I could only prove it I'd bet you my paycheck right now thats not the case. (right or wrong)

but then again, none of those newsreporters are getting paid $8.75Million to try to throw the ball, make the correct reads and call the right plays in certain situations.

Sorry Willis, gotta disagree with you on this one.

112027[/snapback]

Yeah, what the heck would some stupid football player know about the game of football anyhow- better to check with the fans and the media to get the real low down!

Watching and listening to Willis speak he handles the media very well and good for him we have all seen players make statements and the statements get blown into much more than they are, Travis Henry was a example of this. Good to see Willis speaks well , the team does not need controversy of poorly thought out statements.

but then again, none of those newsreporters are getting paid $8.75Million to try to throw the ball, make the correct reads and call the right plays in certain situations.

Sorry Willis, gotta disagree with you on this one.

112027[/snapback]

Actually, I think Drew is only taking up $6 million of the 2004 salary cap. But...point taken.

From WM conference call with New England media.  Linked on TBD

112025[/snapback]

Note to WM, GREATS at QB like Marino have said drew is done. Leave the QB e v a l to ones who know, coached or played the position.

Note to WM, GREATS at QB like Marino have said drew is done.  Leave the QB e v a l to ones who know, coached or played the position.

112179[/snapback]

Greats of the time period also said Plunkett was done, however he did lead a team to a Superbowl win after he was supposedly washed up.

You never really know, unless their arms are gone, and Drew still has an arm.

Greats of the time period also said Plunkett was done, however he did lead a team to a Superbowl win after he was supposedly  washed up.

You never really know, unless their arms are gone, and Drew still has an arm.

112188[/snapback]

He has no brain.

Note to WM, GREATS at QB like Marino have said drew is done.  Leave the QB e v a l to ones who know, coached or played the position.

112179[/snapback]

Marino might be the singular most stupid human on the planet. He couldn't evaluate a Pop Warner QB. And by the way, he predicted the Jets in a big win last week. Yeah, he's brilliant.

112179[/snapback]

Marino- trying to remember what it is that he won?

I HAVE heard two different Super Bowl winning QBs in the past 2 weeks say Bill's fans are daft for thinking Bledsoe is anything less than a top QB in this league.

To the point made by Greybeard- Plunkett won 2 Super Bowls after he'd actually been run out of the league completely for "getting sacked too much" and having "no pocket presence". Plunkett 2, fans 0.

What's been obvious this season is the many, many instances of excellent reaction to pressure we've witnessed from Bledsoe. The evidence is there for any who have not cornered themselves into a position on the QB spot.

Marino- trying to remember- what it is that he won?

I HAVE heard two different Super Bowl winning QBs in the past 2 weeks say Bill's fans are daft for thinking Bledsoe is anything less than a top QB in this league.

To the point made by Greybeard- Plunkett won 2 Super Bowls after he'd actually been run out of the league completely for "getting sacked too much" and having "no pocket presence". Plunkett 2, fans 0.

What's been obvious this season is the many, many instances of excellent reaction to pressure we've witnessed from Bledsoe. The evidence is there for any who have not cornered themselves into a position on the QB spot.

112261[/snapback]

Yeah, what the heck would some stupid football player know about the game of football anyhow- better to check with the fans and the media to get the real low down!

112035[/snapback]

i just get all my facts from message boards...

if Willis says the Bills locker room is one way, and ICE says its different, who'd you go with. i think its easy to see Willis is a liar.

112030[/snapback]

What if his feelings are geniune? And the rest of the locker room. I seriously doubt they've forgotten the first half of 2002.