I Really Think There Is One Solution

That would get this organization back on track. You can talk about the players and the coaches all you want but until there is a legitimate football GM in this city, the coaching and the players will always be 2nd rate. Get a GM in here who can find that missing coach and who can stop whiffing on so many drafts. I think we all know that is impossible to point the finger in ONE direction. Problems exist here from top to bottom and the Owner is not changing. That leaves us to the GM position.....

Someone had mentioned that Bill Cowher was interested in being a GM not a coach when he comes back. Talk about the silver bullet that cures all. Now, the chance of that happening may be slim but that is exactly what the mind frame has to be if this season goes down the drain again.

That would get this organization back on track. You can talk about the players and the coaches all you want but until there is a legitimate football GM in this city, the coaching and the players will always be 2nd rate. Get a GM in here who can find that missing coach and who can stop whiffing on so many drafts. I think we all know that is impossible to point the finger in ONE direction. Problems exist here from top to bottom and the Owner is not changing. That leaves us to the GM position.....

Someone had mentioned that Bill Cowher was interested in being a GM not a coach when he comes back. Talk about the silver bullet that cures all. Now, the chance of that happening may be slim but that is exactly what the mind frame has to be if this season goes down the drain again.

How does anyone know if Cowher would even be an average GM much less better than that? He has never been a GM. He was a very good coach, who until his last year couldn't win big games. I agree he would he a big upgrade over any coach we have had since Levy, but as GM, don't be so sure.

How does anyone know if Cowher would even be an average GM much less better than that? He has never been a GM. He was a very good coach, who until his last year couldn't win big games. I agree he would he a big upgrade over any coach we have had since Levy, but as GM, don't be so sure.

I don't know enough about GMs out there right now but I do know that you have to have a solid football mind to do the job. I would place those responsibilities in Cowhers hand any day of the week.

lets face it, the only way we're ever going to get a "real" GM and/or "real" coach in here is if the Owner changes first. And that aint happening...

This is our Buffalo Bills. Love em or Leave em.

im not happy with the team ive BILL-ieved in for so long being nothing more than a second tier team (at best). but that is what we will always be unless something drastic changes in Ralph...

I'll say the Bills should steal Ozzie Newsome away from the Ravens and pay him whatever he needs, its the only way to be sure.

That is a nice fantasy, but no amount of money is going to get Ozzie to leave the Ravens, an organization with a perennial contender to the Bills, perennial also rans. He has been in that organization for about 25-30 years.

That is a nice fantasy, but no amount of money is going to get Ozzie to leave the Ravens, an organization with a perennial contender to the Bills, perennial also rans. He has been in that organization for about 25-30 years.
You never know what a man will do until you actually speak with him.

President of the team would certainly carry more title and weight then just GM. RW was willing to hire Tom Doh'ahoe as president, why not the " wizard of oz" as Bills team president.

And when the Ravens have had a high pick, they haven’t missed. Of the seven players chosen in the top 10 by Baltimore, five (Ogden, LB Peter Boulware, CB Chris McAlister, RB Jamal Lewis and LB Terrell Suggs) have earned Pro Bowl accolades. Additionally, Baltimore has picked in the bottom half of the first round with uncanny success: Lewis has twice been named the NFL Defensive Player of the Year; TE Todd Heap, chosen 31st, has been to two Pro Bowls; Ed Reed, the 24th pick, has gone to Hawaii five times and also earned NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2004.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Staf...ie_Newsome.aspx

Scott Pioli left a perennial Super Bowl contender in the Pats to lead the "also-ran" KC Chiefs. Never underestimate a man's ego and will to be the "saviour" of a franchise. I think if the package was right, a competent GM or assistant GM could be lured here with money and the belief that they could be the hero of the city and toast of the town if they righted a drifting ship.

How about we get rid of half of our defensive line, half of our OL, our offensive coordinator, our defensive coordinator, our coach, our QB, hire a GM and our owner.

You want Ralph Wilson to hire another owner? :thumbsup: That's funny, he won't even sell the team to another owner for a hefty profit even after he pays all the taxes. And oh by the way, Ralph also won't be hiring any high profile football people during the 4th quarter of his life as Bills' owner. At 91 years old, I don't think he feels like sitting back and allowing the next Tom Donahoe to come in and run his show. Until Wilson either dies, or becomes incapable of overseeing everything, he won't be spending 4 or 5 Million a year on any Cowhers, Dungys, Shanahans or Ozzie Newsomes.

You want Ralph Wilson to hire another owner? :devil: That's funny, he won't even sell the team to another owner for a hefty profit even after he pays all the taxes. And oh by the way, Ralph also won't be hiring any high profile football people during the 4th quarter of his life as Bills' owner. At 91 years old, I don't think he feels like sitting back and allowing the next Tom Donahoe to come in and run his show. Until Wilson either dies, or becomes incapable of overseeing everything, he won't be spending 4 or 5 Million a year on any Cowhers, Dungys, Shanahans or Ozzie Newsomes.

Fourth quarter? Hell at 91 you are kind of in sudden death overtime. :thumbsup:

Has this board completely forgotten Tom Donahoe?

TD's drafts of 2004 and 05 hurt this team a great deal. When I see guys from the 04 and 05 draft class getting long term deals (Rivers, E. Manning) it makes the selections of Losman and other misses hurt more. Levy was set up to fail not only because he didn't know what he was doing, but partially because TD's 04-05 drafts stunk.

Brandon never scouted a player, negotiated a player contract, or made a trade before January 2008. His being sold as a legitimate GM (with RW making the big moves) is an insult to the intelligence of serious football fans. Good teams have good GM's or personnel people: Polian, Jerry Reese, Andy Reid, Kevin Colbert, AJ Smith, Belichick, et al.

Russ isn't even in their hemisphere, and worse, he can't make the big decisions when they must be made. No one can doubt that RW and Littman made the call to keep DJ.

Sanchez looked pretty darn good last night which leads me to believe that the Bills MUST grab a top QB coming up next year. I think those are two more wins that the Bills won't get bringing my prediction down to 4-12. There is no way Bills are scoring enough on Jets D and if Sanchez keeps getting better, it just gives me more hope that maybe this team CAN be turned around in one season. New Coach to pick his QB and bam.........ya never know