HD upgrade

dib

I was contemplating upgrading Sunday ticket to HD, partly because I firmly believe the non-HD transmission is purposely sh*tty. Given the curent state of the Bills I wonder if the added expense is worth the trip. I've already tried to talk "that company" into giving it to me for free, seeing as how newbies get the HD upgrade for Sunday ticket, (being a 10 year subscriber) but basically it was a no-go.

Call back and say cancel service. That will take you to the retention department. Just ask them nicely if they can help you out. If after a few times asking that rep, it doesn't work-hang up. Call back later and try again. I do this all the time.

I was contemplating upgrading Sunday ticket to HD, partly because I firmly believe the non-HD transmission is purposely sh*tty. Given the curent state of the Bills I wonder if the added expense is worth the trip. I've already tried to talk "that company" into giving it to me for free, seeing as how newbies get the HD upgrade for Sunday ticket, (being a 10 year subscriber) but basically it was a no-go.

I'm going to try again. A few weeks ago, like many here, I called up and said I was going to cancel Sunday Ticket entirely and customer retention gave me $120 off. I tried then to get Super Fan for free and it was a no go. Did you already call and get money off?

I had the same talk with Dish Network about upgrading to HD ... I was going to add more recievers and up my programming package ... no deal. After I switched to DirecTv and called Dish to cancel, they offered me the sun and the moon to stay ... to late though as I had already had the new system installed.

If you're a good poker player ... call and "cancel" saying that you are getting Dish Network put in, then see what they say.

I guess I'll have to take that route, getting a little tired of BOHICA.

Dish Network pissed me off ... after I cancelled, they called me every day for about a week, saying "What can we do to get your business back" ... and every day I would tell them that I already had their equipment taken off my roof and DirecTv installed ... then they told me that I could give the *OLD* equipment to someone else and Dish Network would install it for them ... free of charge. <_<:worthy::lol:

Called DTV again and groveled a bit. Said that we have been good customers for years . We always buy NHL Center Ice and Sunday ticket. That got the momentum going my way. I think the clincher was when I told her I was a Bills fan and that I needed a break. I guess my strategy could have gone either way. She could have thought that anyone stupid enough to be a loyal Bills fan is dumb enough to pay full pop. Thankfully she didn't think that way. She must have heard the years of frustration and despair in my voice and relented. Took a couple minutes but worth it I think. So basically we got NFL Sunday Ticket + Super Fan for $150. Much better than last season when it cost us almost $400!

Called DTV again and groveled a bit. Said that we have been good customers for years . We always buy NHL Center Ice and Sunday ticket. That got the momentum going my way. I think the clincher was when I told her I was a Bills fan and that I needed a break. I guess my strategy could have gone either way. She could have thought that anyone stupid enough to be a loyal Bills fan is dumb enough to pay full pop. Thankfully she didn't think that way. She must have heard the years of frustration and despair in my voice and relented. Took a couple minutes but worth it I think. So basically we got NFL Sunday Ticket + Super Fan for $150. Much better than last season when it cost us almost $400!

i just got off the phone with them

the 1st words out of my mouth were' help me cancel because Dish network is giving me a great deal'

i got a free HD DVR

1 new free RF remote and a free replacement remote for my current one that won't ff correctly and free super fan

words that get action- help me cancel

Corrected!

lol don't worry I'm as loyal a fan as they come. Must be some sort of psychological desire for self punishment. I became a fan back in the early 70s when I first started to go to games. They got destroyed every game. One week by Bert Jones. Next week Steve Grogan and on and on. I felt sorry for them and started cheering for them. What a mistake that was.