Cowher should be a realistic option for Bills

Pitta

What about Mike Martz? Dom Capers or Norton?

Gruden? After that debacle in Green Bay - I'm guessing 5-11.

I'm so tired of DJ. No fire, no inspiration. This teams needs a fire lit under them.

Ok you make a compelling argument regarding Cowher.

But that does not mean that DJ does not look like an ahole week after week too, just an ahole of a different color.

DJs press conferences make me ill almost every time.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have come to agree with Simon's point of view on Cowher - that he is an idiot. I feel that Gruden is much over-rated and is a divisive personality in addition to that.

If we had to choose between available ex-HCs, I would like to get Schottenheimer. Now, I have gone on record as saying he is not likely to take the team to a SB victory with his history of losing in the playoffs. But, would be a better choice than Cowher or Gruden. Getting another coordinator is fraught with risk which we have a history of not managing very well.

Cowher is going to want to go a place where he can win, and win big, immediately. I don't think he wants any part of a rebuilding process.

I believe that, if The Boys don't win the Super Bowl this year, Jerry Jones will go all in for Cowher.

I doubt Cowher will coach again. He's a TV analyst now and from what i hear on Sirius he absolutly loves the job. You get to be on TV, talk football, work minimal hours, and get paid well.

Plus Cowher has a family which is why he quit football in the first place.

He was given arguably the very best talent in the NFL for his entire career and even playing in the league's weakest division it took him 15 years to finally win a title.

Yeah! I mean really, how did this guy NOT rack up the rings with "arguablly the very best talentin the NFL"---like Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomczak, Tommy Maddox, Eric Peagram, Amos Zereoue, Troy Edwards, Charles Johnson, Yancy Thigpen...and oh yes, the best of "the very best", Kordell Stewart.

We get it. You don't think much of Cowher.

if ralph ponied up yhe cash it would take i will eat my hat

Agreed. I think the best option would be to get a Mike Shanhan. I believe that he can actually make Trent Edwards a good system QB and with the RBs in our stable, it would be a perfect marriage. He has worked successfully with smalli-sh wide receivers and average TEs.

Folks there is only ONE coach out there who has the brains to match Belichick on gameday: Mike Shanahan. He's the only one I want (Gruden can coach an offense, but no one has Shanahan's offensive mind). Unforunately I see it going down this way: Shanahan replaces Phillips in Dallas; Cowher goes to Washington; Gruden goes to the Vikings; Holmgren flirts with Ralph for a couple of weeks then either continues to sit out or goes somewhere sexier and for more money; we promote Bobby April.

Cowher was also doing it with QB's like Kordell Stewart, Neil O'Donnel, and Tommy Maddox. Also its not his fault that he ran into the Patriots 3 times in the play offs and got his ass kicked to the curb by Parcells/Belichick and later just Belichick.

Look it up, Cowher had home field advantage throughout the playoffs 4 or 5 times and lost at home every year he did (once by the Bills). The two Superbowls he made it to were as a Wild Card. The only Superbowl he won should have had the officials name at the top of the trophy case, because they are the only reason that Lombardi Trophy isn't sitting in Seattle. He was a really good regular season coach, much like Schottenheimer was. Saying that, he is going to get paid like Lombardi has come back to life, just because that is how much owners like Daniel Snyder are desperate to get the headlines and outdo the other NFL Millionaires.

Folks there is only ONE coach out there who has the brains to match Belichick on gameday: Mike Shanahan. He's the only one I want (Gruden can coach an offense, but no one has Shanahan's offensive mind). Unforunately I see it going down this way: Shanahan replaces Phillips in Dallas; Cowher goes to Washington; Gruden goes to the Vikings; Holmgren flirts with Ralph for a couple of weeks then either continues to sit out or goes somewhere sexier and for more money; we promote Bobby April.

Me personally, I would probably prefer Shanahan too, but be realistic. Ralph is only going to bring in another coordinator or a rehashed head coach with marginal success so he doesn't have to pay the big salary.