Somebody's getting chippy

Beerball

You've watched the games just like I have. I don't know if you've seen any throws I could have made down the field. If you want to call the plays and throw the ball down the field, that's fine.

Jauron said Edwards should have pulled the trigger earlier on one play. He also said a quarterback cannot be "timid" or "fearful."

Evans said he and Owens have been urging Edwards to be more willing to throw the ball downfield and give them a chance to make tough catches.

"Absolutely," Evans said. "Absolutely. That's one of the things we've been talking about ever since this whole thing started. So we're going to keep talking to him, and getting him to that point."

This "whole thing" goes back to that Cleveland game. Edwards seems to have lingering confidence issues. He talks about the way he's coached, but he can't allow himself to be a reflection of a conservative coaching staff.

At some point, Edwards has to assert himself as the leader of the offense. He has to have the guts to attempt the big throw, and the courage to fail.

Wow, sounds like a war with the couching staff. However they are right. Edwards needs to step up, he is the leader of the team. Take some long shots. If he continues to dump it down and not let Evans and Owens be Evans and Owens then it wont matter who the receivers are.

T.O.'s head is going to explode by week 4 if Trentative Checkwards refuses to open it up a little bit.

This year is going to be fun one way or another.

I have a feeling the Bickering Bills will look like the Osmonds compared to the shitstorm we are going to witness on the sidelines this year.

I know one thing for sure, I am going to have tons of popcorn ready for this show.

Edwards is a complete idiot if he has truly watched game film and did not see open receivers downfield on plays he checked down. I have season tickets in the upper deck and I can tell you that I personally saw Lee Evans running downfield waving his arms on atleast 3-4 ocassions last year.

Change out all the QB's that have ever played for Jauron and you still have the same thing....a conservative system. I think it's more Jauron and company than Edwards....Remember, they are coached to not make mistakes...they always have to cut down on mistakes instead of make plays. Sometimes your coach has to tell you to give your playmakeers a chance....instead of "cutting down on your mistakes".

What worries me is Edwards saying he is just taking what the defense gives him...I'm sorry but if you are going to be an effective QB in the NFL you need to attack the defense and dictate to them...I think Jimbo needs to sit down with Trent and have a discussion...This conservative bullschitt needs to end and end soon if we are going to win games...

What worries me is Edwards saying he is just taking what the defense gives him...I'm sorry but if you are going to be an effective QB in the NFL you need to attack the defense and dictate to them...I think Jimbo needs to sit down with Trent and have a discussion...This conservative bullschitt needs to end and end soon if we are going to win games...

Jimbo needs to sit down with Trent and slap him around till he grows a set and learns to fight back.

Yep, when the defense knows you tend to keep it short, they simply bring more bodies closer to the line of scrimmage which does wonders for the run game. They dare you to beat them deep and when you don't, you lose.

Yep, when the defense knows you tend to keep it short, they simply bring more bodies closer to the line of scrimmage which does wonders for the run game. They dare you to beat them deep and when you don't, you lose.

Bingo.

Change out all the QB's that have ever played for Jauron and you still have the same thing....a conservative system. I think it's more Jauron and company than Edwards....Remember, they are coached to not make mistakes...they always have to cut down on mistakes instead of make plays. Sometimes your coach has to tell you to give your playmakeers a chance....instead of "cutting down on your mistakes".

It was conservative because all those QBs sucked. The Bills have signed TO, drafted a 6'5" recevier and tight and started running the no huddle. I know the popular to do is hate Jauron but it's on Edwards. The sacks he took have been cover sacks. i really like TE but it's on him. The Bills have helped him out a lot.

But until TO plays, it is really hard to fully judge Edwards. Josh Reed is not a NFL caliber starting receiver.

Jimbo needs to sit down with Trent and slap him around till he grows a set and learns to fight back.

Wish it could happen, but not likely. Jim Kelly gets in teammates faces and breaks opposing linebackers' legs; Trent Edwards sucks up to Dick Jauron and wears gloves in November.

Wish it could happen, but not likely. Jim Kelly gets in teammates faces and breaks opposing linebackers' legs; Trent Edwards sucks up to Dick Jauron and wears gloves in November.

Admit it, you wish Edwards would use one of those sexy hand-warming muffs that Kelly used to wear around his waste when it got cold.

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

GO BILLS!!!