If our starters played our back-ups, who do you think would win.

I would like the back-ups by 14.

Some positions where the back-ups are markedly better:

Quarterback. The gap keeps widening.I thought Edwards was gonna be great and his back-ups stink. Instead Edwards has stunk and Fitzpatrick hasn't. Hamdan is moving up. He's Comfortable with the offense. More than I can say for Edwards.

Tight-end. Where did this guy Stupar come from? Almost has to make the team.

Defensive end: Release Kelsey and Schobel. Play Bryan, Ellis, Maybin.

Def. Tackle. Spencer Johnson WOW. He has been our most dominant d-lineman in the pre-season. McCargo coming on. Bob Sanders looks like a great hire.

Linebacker: Take heart Bills fans. We drafted a great player this year. His name is Nick Harris and he made about 8 tackles in the second half. Already the best outside linebacker on the team, Must start for Mitchell or Ellison. Mitchell looks slow.

Don't be afraid to put Harris in the middle either and Poz outside. Harris covers a lot of ground and is a big hitter. Isn't that what you look for in a middle linebacker?

I still maintain as I have that the Bills will be 5-11. So I intend to focus on the the development of the above players, which could still make this a fun season, while we wait for a QB.

Agree and disagree. The back ups have looked a lot better but go against easier competition. Edwards has not looked good but I wouldnt say Fitz is better by any means. Meanwhile Ellis/Bryan >>>>> Schobel/Kelsay, and Nic Harris, just as I predicted on draft day, is our best OLB. Bell has played well at LT, but honestly Walker has held his own too. Steve Johnson was back this week and is better than Parrish IMO. I haven't noticed many plays from Stroud, but he is probably triple teamed on every play.

Bottom line is you are right. The seconds could beat the starters. Chalk that up to another coaching deficiency... not being able to evaluate talent. Maybe that goes hand in hand with out 1st round draft success in recent years?