Is it possible that the reason why Trent looked lost because

No secret that I think Roscoe is a tool when it comes to WR play. IMO he is a gimmick guy and a punt returner not a NFL wide receiver. I am also having my doubts that Lee can pull off the #1. If so, it is all the more important to get TO back on the field and developing chemistry with Trent. The Bills looked like the same bumbling team from last year against the Packers.

I am not saying the season is doomed on the basis of one preseason game. However, I am saying the Bills will find it very hard to rise above mediocrity if TO does not get and stay healthy this year.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evans is a good receiver. If he were a great receiver or a #1 guy, he'd be mentioned in the same breath as fitzgerald, holmes, burress, TO, boldin, ward, and not to mention "pro bowl", "dominant", "gameplan around this guy", or even "touchdown".

Again, he's a good receiver, but he's not a #1 guy. Great #2 guy though, so here's to hoping that owens' toe gets better by september 14th!

Evans is a good receiver. If he were a great receiver or a #1 guy, he'd be mentioned in the same breath as fitzgerald, holmes, burress, TO, boldin, ward, and not to mention "pro bowl", "dominant", "gameplan around this guy", or even "touchdown".

Again, he's a good receiver, but he's not a #1 guy. Great #2 guy though, so here's to hoping that owens' toe gets better by september 14th!

I second that, Evans the sprinter is good for one thing, fly patterns. Has he ever gone over the middle or gotten hard fought YAC?

Look at Lee's numbers from last year, last ten games he sucked. I'd be hard pressed to call Lee a good number 2. Roscoe will be gone he needs to be on a good team where he can hide and then come out to make a big play now and then. He has nowhere to hide on this team.

Shhhh.....there is to be no questioning the greatness of Lee Evans (#13 pick for a career average of less than 60 catches per year) on this board. Instead you should save your energies for trashing Donte Whinter for being picked #8.

we stunk and turnovers killed us against gb. that aside, i am really down on evans. i think like dockery he is a guy we will cut with lots of time and money left on his contract -- unless he figures something out this year he's basically a great deep threat and nothing else.

trent's lost becuase he's a career backup teying to fill a starter's role. He ain't even as good as Fitz. His contract's up after this season.... you wanna pay him Manning money?

I don't think you could be more wrong. Edwards has the ability to be a real good QB. This coaching staff doesn't prepare our players, as well as the coaching staff's prior. Fitz? You have to be kidding.

There is A LOT of blame to go around with this team, but I would not put it on Evans. He cannot throw the ball to himself people. Insert Evans into Indy's offense and watch Peyton Manning make him a bonafide star...

Trent looked the way he looked because he is Trent. Guy's a 3-year veteran/starting QB - if this is how he plays in warm weather, I don't want to even think about him playing in Orchard Park against Bundchen* in December and Manning in January.

Possibly, he had visions of Dakota Fanning in the new Twilight movie running thru his head all night.

Trent looked like that because Dom Capers is a great coach. We don't have the ability to prepare our team against superior coaching. John Gruden would make Edwards a star.

I like Gruden a lot, but his weakness has always been at QB. Tampa's revolving QB gig is worse than the bills'. Their qb contraversies usually involve 3 qbs, where ours usually in involve 2

without to we have a terrible WR group. we need some strength and size. i really hope nelson and hardy come on strong, but evans is a complimentary wr and parrish reed and our squad of TEs are just junk by nfl standards.

you just have to have some size at wr in the nfl

No secret that I think Roscoe is a tool when it comes to WR play. IMO he is a gimmick guy and a punt returner not a NFL wide receiver. I am also having my doubts that Lee can pull off the #1. If so, it is all the more important to get TO back on the field and developing chemistry with Trent. The Bills looked like the same bumbling team from last year against the Packers.

I am not saying the season is doomed on the basis of one preseason game. However, I am saying the Bills will find it very hard to rise above mediocrity if TO does not get and stay healthy this year.

Let's not excuse Trent - he sucked. He held the ball too long, he is soft, he forces throws he can't make and he doesn't intimidate anyone on the other team, so they just stack the box for the run.

I'm not blaming it all on him - sadly, without TO on the field, nobody can get open against 1st teamers. It is going to be a long season...

Evans is not a #1.
Absolutely not, but I think he can be a world class #2 opposite one of the all-time greatest #1 WRs. That's why I'm not too down on what I saw from the O yesterday... once T.O. is in there, everyone's play will be elevated.

Trent looked lost last night because he was under pressure early and he still cannot read a 3-4 defense. With the Pats, Jets, and Dolphins all running a 3-4, it is inexcusable not to prepare soley for that. Trent definately needs to see those alligments more in practice.

I wonder what Edwards thinks in his head, and if he really believes all the coach speak he spews constantly. At first, I thought the saying the right thing every time was refreshing because of the tire fire Losman was every time his mouth opened, but now Edwards is starting to sound like a drone to me.