The Death Book

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...0107981718.html

You can bet this is going to become talked about over the next few days, started hearing about this yesterday and is being compared to the "Death Panels." Created in Clinton years, Bush killed this last year, and Obama brought it back last month and is being given to all VA patients, not just the elderly or terminally ill.

Imagine a kid coming home from Iraq missing a leg and reading this.

Here is a link to the actual booklet

www.rihlp.org/pubs/Your_life_your_choices.pdf

You can bet this is going to become talked about over the next few days, started hearing about this yesterday and is being compared to the "Death Panels." Created in Clinton years, Bush killed this last year, and Obama brought it back last month and is being given to all VA patients, not just the elderly or terminally ill.

A kid coming home from Iraq missing a leg is probably not going to be shocked by a booklet suggesting he's going to die someday and might consider establishing a living will.

A kid coming home from Iraq missing a leg is probably not going to be shocked by a booklet suggesting he's going to die someday and might consider establishing a living will.

But we should guilt him into "being a financial burden on his family" anyways, huh?

Put a sock in it you doofus. I went for my annual physical exam and there right at the "checkout" was a pile of living wills and other stuff about dying.

Dying is the one thing in life we can all be sure of. It's awful funny that people who tell others to "change the channel if you don't like it" get up in arms about a brochure that may actually be helpful.

You dining room tables are all the same. Change the channel if you don't like it.

do you have anything creative to say?

I guess you got that from the Liberal Locotoad handbook in chapter 3 snazzy vitriol deflections authored by Barney Frank.

Trying forming an original thought

mmmkay :P

do you have anything creative to say?

I guess you got that from the Liberal Locotoad handbook in chapter 3 snazzy vitriol deflections authored by Barney Frank.

Trying forming an original thought

mmmkay :P

Plus, if she was paying attention, she would know that Frank's "dining room table" comment was directed at a LaRouche backer. Not that one would expect her to get that, but I give her credit for finally completing a sentence that for once didn't include the words "Cheney," "Palin" and "sucks."

Put a sock in it you doofus. I went for my annual physical exam and there right at the "checkout" was a pile of living wills and other stuff about dying.

Dying is the one thing in life we can all be sure of. It's awful funny that people who tell others to "change the channel if you don't like it" get up in arms about a brochure that may actually be helpful.

Were they able to remove the stick from your azz?

So when you wingnuts are done with your personal attacks perhaps you can enlighten us all as to why knowing about options and and alternatives that may help make final days easier for patient AND their loved ones is such a bad thing?

Why are you all so afraid?

Wingnuts are cowards. There's just no other conclusion. You're afraid of evildoers. You're afraid of government. You're afraid of people who are different from you. You're afraid of departure from the status quo. You're just chickens. Thank goodness our forefathers weren't wingnuts.

i think what the issue at hand is, and this is strictly my take, granted the language is heavily skewed in the anti-healthcare stance as it is today....the language in this pamphlet can lead someone who is currently in a vulnerable but far from terminal situation to make an emotional decision that at that particular point in time is not necessary. someone who has just lost their legs could see that literature that mentions becoming a burden on their families....at that exact moment when they are most vulnerable, they could make a decision that simply is not necessary....probably not doing a great job of explaining it....but i hope you get the gist of my take on why people are concerned.....

So when you wingnuts are done with your personal attacks perhaps you can enlighten us all as to why knowing about options and and alternatives that may help make final days easier for patient AND their loved ones is such a bad thing?

Why are you all so afraid?

Wingnuts are cowards. There's just no other conclusion. You're afraid of evildoers. You're afraid of government. You're afraid of people who are different from you. You're afraid of departure from the status quo. You're just chickens. Thank goodness our forefathers weren't wingnuts.

Typical right wing bull sh--. First of all, the article you linked to is form the OPINION section. You could have just linked to Palin's twitters on the same subject.

Educating people on living wills is something that has been advocated by Newt and lots of other Repugs before they were against it. It says nothing about anyone other than the individual or their trustee to decide on end-of-life issues for someone terminally ill. I don't see Death Panels in it, nor do I see anything advocating suicide for those who may feel like a burden to their family.

Just more idiotic nonsense from the same people who brought you the Birthers movement.

Every day, I see more and more of the Republican outreach to the mental defectives. Feed them lies long enough and you can make them believe whatever you want them to believe. All in the name of partisan politics.

Every day, I see more and more of the Republican outreach to the mental defectives. Feed them lies long enough and you can make them believe whatever you want them to believe. All in the name of partisan politics.

As is proven by Arlan Specter calling for hearings about the document.

Asked about the document, Specter, a member of the Veterans' Affairs Committee, said it raises "a lot of questions" and that he would call for hearings immediately.

"I think consideration ought to be given right now to suspending it pending hearings," Specter, D-Pa., told "FOX News Sunday."

Oh, wait. Specter isn't a Republican any more.

My bad.