What Me Worry? OH Congressman issues tix for

my post was tongue in cheek, some people are having a field day still railing against the previous administration(s) and ignoring the crap that is coming out of this one.....

Tell me - how did these levels materially affect your life? Did you stay home and not go to work? One day? All days? :thumbsup:

The left is doing this all over the place. It's particularly funny to me that the left whined like little girls about "organized" protesters, angry mobs, and astroturfers, and then go out and get their organizers to stack the deck so they can surround their elected officials with people who agree with their thinking. The reality is, a guy like Driehaus already knows that he has to vote for HR3200, or whatever bill comes down the pike, so he really doesn't give a rat's asshair what his constituents think.

I attended the town hall meeting for my Congressman here on Tuesday night. Tickets were given out in advance to those who asked, but despite the fact that I live in one of the few conservative areas of California, the place was filled with people on both sides of the aisle, many supporting the public option. There was booing and hissing back and forth, but it turned into a particularly helpful event for everyone, if for no other reason than before he left, it became clear that HR3200 is a joke. In fact, he was pretty good at clearly showing how there is NO provision to AVOID allowing illegal immigrants access to the public option. In fact, it was interesting to learn about how quickly the left killed Rep. Dean Heller's efforts to ENSURE that extensive proof of residency is required in the bill. You can imagine how well that went over in SoCal. That doesn't even get into government-funded abortions.

The left will have to shove this through on their own, and based on what I've been reading and hearing, it'll take more than a dead Kennedy to do it.

Tat's Moran. You know thw convicted Mayor of Alexandria, turned congressman. Ran for office from jail. Several years agao, got censured for receiving 0% home loans after voting for a bill favorable to the lending company. Also, he has a younger child who when he picked up his kid from daycare felt threatened by a kid and proceeded to beat the kid up and wanted to file assault charges against the 6 year old.

He's an idiot, yet the wonderful folks from Alexandria continue to vote for him.

Tat's Moran. You know thw convicted Mayor of Alexandria, turned congressman. Ran for office from jail. Several years agao, got censured for receiving 0% home loans after voting for a bill favorable to the lending company. Also, he has a younger child who when he picked up his kid from daycare felt threatened by a kid and proceeded to beat the kid up and wanted to file assault charges against the 6 year old.

He's an idiot, yet the wonderful folks from Alexandria continue to vote for him.

Run spell check before you post. That being said Jim has had a few issues over the years and a fiery Irish temper. P.S. He was a former gold gloves winner in Boston. Still wouldn't want to fight him nor provoke him. Idiot... no. Stubborn and ill tempered at times sure and he has a bad case of foot in mouth disease.

P.S. Alexandria is a Democratic machine now because during the Gingrich years the Republicans screwed up and kept supporting an even more incompetent critter named Stan Paris.

So the Republicans are staging protests and the Democrats are trying to cut them out... do you blame them because it is not a debate but a shouting match. Both sides are acting like idiots. Behind the scenes though below all the made up froth I will bet some compromise gets worked out. Doing nothing is not good for either side and the Republican block this it won't help them.

Run spell check before you post. That being said Jim has had a few issues over the years and a fiery Irish temper. P.S. He was a former gold gloves winner in Boston. Still wouldn't want to fight him nor provoke him. Idiot... no. Stubborn and ill tempered at times sure and he has a bad case of foot in mouth disease.

P.S. Alexandria is a Democratic machine now because during the Gingrich years the Republicans screwed up and kept supporting an even more incompetent critter named Stan Paris.

So the Republicans are staging protests and the Democrats are trying to cut them out... do you blame them because it is not a debate but a shouting match. Both sides are acting like idiots. Behind the scenes though below all the made up froth I will bet some compromise gets worked out. Doing nothing is not good for either side and the Republican block this it won't help them.

VA's grammar and spelling skills always fall a bit short.

I would actually argue though that the Dems are more responsible for this. Sure, the Republicans have spread misinformation, organized some people at least to kick off this whole Town Hall fiasco, but the Dems have themselves to blame mainly. They have a variety of plans, each with issues. If they had presented a united front with 1 bill, they could have averted a ton of this and the debate would at least be focused.

VA's grammar and spelling skills always fall a bit short.

I would actually argue though that the Dems are more responsible for this. Sure, the Republicans have spread misinformation, organized some people at least to kick off this whole Town Hall fiasco, but the Dems have themselves to blame mainly. They have a variety of plans, each with issues. If they had presented a united front with 1 bill, they could have averted a ton of this and the debate would at least be focused.

Normally, I would agree, but I think that the issue is all so complicated and hard to understand in its details that having an honest debate about it could have been a good idea.

I do think where the Democrats fell down or better yet where Obama fell down is that he walked away from the podium and did not direct or help the debate. Part of that responsibility is cutting off ideas that won't work especially on the House side. and how important it is for him to be part of the ongoing debate even Bush II understood this. Though his only priority seemed to be the War On Iraq, he did a masterful job of staying on top of the debate.

Also, Pelosi has really done him and the Democratic caucus a disservice with her partisanship and I think Obama was slow to recognize the harm that she would do to this debate. Until Pelosi is removed from the House Dem leadership, the Dems will continue to flounder IMO. She is a good backbench bomb thrower, but not someone you want governing.

Also, Pelosi has really done him and the Democratic caucus a disservice with her partisanship and I think Obama was slow to recognize the harm that she would do to this debate. Until Pelosi is removed from the House Dem leadership, the Dems will continue to flounder IMO. She is a good backbench bomb thrower, but not someone you want governing.

For sure, Nancy Pelosi is the Nancy Pelosi of the Democrats, hold on, wait....

nevermind