Another addition to the "well duh" file

Just Jack

Everyone once in a while, one of the NY papers will follow one of these guys home after a day of panhandling, and find that they have an apartment somewhere, ride the subway to 'work', etc. just like anyone else.

If you ride the subways, you'll see the same bums doing the same routine year after year. My favorite is the guy who totes around a crate with some nasty looking sandwiches and apples on the Lexington line, offering to 'feed anyone who is hungry' and of course takes donations for his troubles. A hundred pennies make a dollar!

there was a report on dateline a few years ago that actually followed a "bum" from his $400,000 home in the morning to his corner post and back.

they had hidden cameras watching him, and it was kind of strange to see a guy that seemed to be that well off beg for a dollar.

if i remember correctly, the "bum" stated he made over $100,000 per year doing this

Friend of mine that works in the city sent me this yesterday:

Saw a guy at the corner of Broadway & Lafayette with a sign that said 'Need money to get drunk so women can take me home & molest me.'

:beer: