Some of you think the Bills are a mess?

I know I read or saw that somewhere. Thought it was in that arrticle.

PTR

This might of been what you saw:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4412850

It says he's cooperating with the police. No talk of a charge.

The article you posted had the police saying "unless we are recontacted by the victim, and the victim changes their mind that they want us to follow through and pursue an investigation. At this point we're not doing anything else with it."

It wasn't. Judging by the biased way you have posted in this thread, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you made it up.

Did I make this up?

San Francisco attorney John McGuinn has been hired to represent Hanson, and police have been attempting to gain information from Hanson in recent days. Lt. Brian McGovern said earlier this week that if Hanson's jaw is broken, it could lead to felony charges in the alleged assault that took place at the Raiders' training camp facility.

If you know my track record, SGBF, you know I don't make stuff up.

PTR

Lane Kiffen had problem with that exact same assistant coach and wanted him fired,Al Davis said no because from what I've read he is Al's inside man on the coaching staff. In other words, the guy is a RAT. Anyway, dunno about you but I'd be pretty pissed if I found out someone was talking crap to my boss about me, behind my back.

Mike Ditka punched a concrete wall so hard he broke his hand during a team meeting...

Mike Singletary drops his trousers during a half time talk...

WR Steve Smith punched another players and hurt him badly,Bill Romanowski spit on players and punched a player and hurt him,both players were sued and lost.

Even the Bills best head coach in their history used to be fiery on the sidelines, You "over officious jerk! " made me laugh.

Like I said, lets see where this takes him.

Buddy Ryan punched Kevin Gilbride for not running the ball...but really who hasn't wanted to do that?

The article you posted had the police saying "unless we are recontacted by the victim, and the victim changes their mind that they want us to follow through and pursue an investigation. At this point we're not doing anything else with it."

Sounds like a real good way to not get fired for a while. What the statute of limitations on assault? How about civilly if the DC then sued Davis for failure to provide a safe work environment for not disciplining Cable? Mr. DC just got himself some nice security out there in oaktown...

All I gotta say is that Marv Levy had some assistant coaches who brawled it out in a training class one year,can't recall who though. Special teams coach and D line coach over blocking schemes and what players the will utilize in kickoff coverages?

It just seems to me that you would want coaches, players with a competitive fire on your pro football team. I would really like to see some fire in ole Dickeys eyes for once,or even in his voice.

The Chin, out on the sidelines yelling at players at the top of his lungs and spittle flying out of his mouth, cursing out a player who missed a key assignment, then goes over and pats him and says get it right next time....YEAH BABY!

The Tuna giving his rookie CB the nickname "toast" because he misses so many coverages, always fighting with his QB and making him focus on assignments....YEAH BABY!

You can look at the Raiders as dysfunctional... or you can look at them and say, that head coach has fire inside, lets see where it takes him.

I believe it was Tom Bresnehan and Nick Nicalaou. Please don't kill me for the misspelling.

sure it wasn't the guyy who went on to the radio show, the Levy hater?

Positive. Bresnahan and Nicolau. I can even give you a date, courtesy of Sal Maiorana's Relentless:

Oct. 23, 1989 -- Assistant coaches Tom Bresnahan and Nick Nicolau were involved in a scuffle in one of the Bills' meeting rooms while watching film of the victory over the Jets. Reports indicated that Nicolau bloodied Bresnahan's chin with an uppercut, then got Bresnahan in a headlock and rammed his head through a wall. Bresnahan wore a turban around his head during the players' meetings,and a light practice later in the day. "The coaches didn't tell me about it, or they don't want to tell me about it, and I'm not going to ask," Marv Levy said. "Coaches have arguments all the time. I know Tom and Nick are close friends, their wives are close friends. They lived together for four or five months in the off-season in an apartment."

Napa police re-opening the case. Possible felony charges still on the table.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders

AP artice on SI:

-The police said earlier this week that the case was closed because the victim was unwilling to cooperate.

-According to the Internet site the National Football Post, the attack happened after Cable told Hanson he was being relegated from an on-field coach with defensive backs to breaking down film.

-After being told by owner Al Davis that he could not get his old job back, Hanson reportedly decided to cooperate with police in the investigation.

Full Article. Even gives mention to the Bills fight.

BTW, anyone else notice that when you copy something from CNNSI, it now automatically adds a link to the story when you paste it?

Marv Levy said. "Coaches have arguments all the time.

Seems to me this might just give that head coach some added respect by his players, much the same way the Mike Ditka and breaking his hand on the wall did for the Bears.

Unless Cable has a rap sheet and or has a history of violence he won't see any jail time, my guess is this is his first offense so he will get a wrist slap by the local judge,and probation.

I'll bet Rodger Goodell will hit him with some sort of suspension if found guilty, what will he care if it inspires his team to get to the playoffs, which is what happened with Ditka and the Bears.